VIII

VINCENZO P.O.V.

 "Yes ma, you are alright, there is no need for you to be admitted, all you need is to pick up your drugs and ensure that you check your BP every day." I looked at the old lady's files to check if she has any other thing she complained about.

"Doctor, are you sure my husband doesn't need to come for a new heart transplant?" She asked. Is this woman joking, she doesn't even know what a heart transplant is for, does she think I am playing here. People these days, would just come to me and be requesting a heart transplant. Why do people joke about everything?

" No Ma'am, your husband is fine, he doesn't need a new heart, I would tell you if he needs one" I tried to not show my angry side.

" But Doctor, he is heartless, he would just spend a whole day drinking and smoking, cause if he has a heart he wouldn't be drinking and smoking all day" I am getting tired of this lady's complaint, her endless complaint would not take us anywhere.

"Ok ma, I would do something about that, I would tell a friend of mine who is a doctor, to run some tests and check what the matter is" She smiled immediately, satisfied with my choice.

She finally walks out of my office, wooow that lady is so confused. I stared at my other files before my phone rang, I wonder who will be calling me. Looked at the caller ID It is grandpa. Oh my, I haven't talked to grandpa for months, I have missed him terribly. We would speak on the phone for hours, sharing our experiences and problems. Every day I would call Grandpa, we are so close, even before dad died, I would talk to grandpa every day, if people did not know me, they would think grandpa was my dad, I am closer to Grandpa than to dad and dad kept on complaining about it, although he loved it because it wasn't a problem. I picked up the call immediately...

"How are you grandpa," I said in excitement, I was smiling like a small boy who had just gotten ice cream.

"I am good young De Luca "He was sounding so happy... Grandpa has always been a happy person.

"How was your trip from New York, boy?"

"It was the best Grandpa" I kept on smiling as I spoke.

"Hope your work isn't getting too stressful?"

"It is Grandpa, but what will I do, I got to save lives," I said sounding so stressed.

"Why do you sound so much like someone I know? Someone that loves to save lives and sacrifice everything he has to see happy faces" We both laughed at the memory of my father.

"You sure Vince, You sound so tired, you know what? Grandpa has something that will relieve you from the stress"

"Yes Grandpa, you are right, I'm stressed but I need to get some work done"

We talked for a while before he ended the call, every time I talked to grandpa, it makes me happy and calm.

⏱⏱⏱⏱⏱⏱

It was another weekend again, all my weekends were alike, either I worked all day in my study or go out with my friends, but this weekend is different, I would be visiting Grandpa... I put some cheese pie and smoothie drink that I made for Grandpa in a basket. Grandpa loves healthy drinks, he never drinks wine or soda drinks except for fruit wine, no wonder he looks so young, even though he is 81 years.  I sent all my cooks and maids away for a weekend break, I would cook during weekends by myself but I would pay a house cleaner to clean the mansion during the weekends. I packed two fishing hooks, a fishing net, and hunting guns into my car. I missed those days when I would fish and hunt with grandpa, ever since I became a billionaire, I get so busy doing the things I loved most.