X

VINCENZO P.O.V.

90 DAYS.

"Mrs. Carolina, please call doctor Cosimo, tell him that his presence is needed here urgently" It was time for another test, I looked at the only person that captured my heart in the whole room, Ginevra, I studied her features, she looks like a shadow of herself, her veins were showing and her body was getting lean but her skin didn't seize to glow. I need to know the reason why she is not responding to the medications we give to her, it's over 3 months and she is still hanging, what am I to do...

"Is there a problem Vince?" Cosimo walks into the room, he looks at Ginevra and then back at me.

"Cosimo, uhm I want you to run some test on Ginevra, so we can proceed on the next medication, it seems she's not responding to our medication, she hasn't spoken or eaten or woken up." Cosimo touches my shoulders, he could see the worries in my eyes. He whispered to me so only I can hear,

"Vince she's going to be ok, she just needs time and more checkups."

I watched Cosimo and the other nurses check her for the second time, the look on Cosimo's face was questionable, he looks unhappy, and I need to know what he saw, and what is wrong with My Ginevra. Cosimo walks up to me placed his right hand on my left shoulder then finally looked me straight in the eyes.

"Vince, I just realized the reason why Ginevra wasn't responding to the treatment process," He said with a straight face. Is it bad? Why? What is wrong, these questions kept playing in my head.

"Cosimo, what is wrong? Is it bad?" I was shaking and I have never been in this way before, I have never felt like this before for a girl, Ginevra is not just any girl, she is the girl that caught my heart, the one that made me smile stupidly for no reason.

"Calm down, Man she is going to be fine, but...she will need immediate attention, hmmm she is diagnosed with Dilated cardiomyopathy." As the words came out of his mouth, my heart paused for a minute and I just kept on staring at the floor, this is very bad, she would be needing a heart transplant and I don't even have an idea of how to get the matching heart.

"Thanks, Bro, I would start the medications immediately, since it is something crucial." Cosimo hugs me before stepping out of the room. If this is the way and only way to bring my love back to life, then I would do it with all my might. I look through the microscope searching for more solutions.

It's been a week and I haven't talked to grandpa and I need to talk to him about Ginevra's present situation. I scroll through my phone, looking for his number, I click on the call button, and within two rings grandpa picked up the call...

"Young De Luca, how are you doing? Hope you are fine?' He sounded so excited, well he always sounds excited, every time I talk to him.

"Grandpa, hmm I am ok, hope you are great too?" I asked sounding so sad.

"Grandpa is good, but what is wrong Son, you don't sound like yourself? Tell grandpa what the issue is?" He sounds so much like my dad, every time I come to him in tears, he would say, Papa, is always here for you.

"Well, it's Ginevra, she has heart disease and I don't know what to do, I cannot lose her Papa, I am in love with this girl, I feel she is meant for me papa, I can't lose her, please tell me what to do?' I was crying on the phone with papa like 5 years old. Grandpa is shocked because he has never heard or seen me cry before for a girl.

"Son, calm down, she will be fine, since you love her so much, there would be a solution and you are the best surgeon I know, or are you doubting that, Vince?"

"No sir" I sniffed.

"Now calm down, take a deep breath and think of possible ways like you always do, because this girl will wake up belief!" I half smiled, grandpa believes that she will awake, if he believes, so do I.