XVII

VINCENZO P.O.V

"I proposed to her in the middle of my football field after our game, it was so romantic and memorable." Grandpa smiled remembering his past with the love of his life, grandma. Love has always been an issue I had since Maya put me in a friend zone but what I feel for Ginevra is different from what I felt with Maya.

"Grandpa, can I ask you a question?" I looked at him.

"Yes, sure, Hope there isn't a problem?" He looked at my face with worry written all over his face.

"Yeah, Grandpa, I don't know if I love Ginevra because I act so weird whenever I am around her."

"You know, Vincenzo, when I was your age, I had issues with love, I never knew if I was in love with Lola, every time I was around her I felt peace, It was a different feeling from the one I have with other ladies, but the time came when I fell deeply for her, I knew she was the one for me." He spoke slowly in detail.

"Hmmm, thank you, Grandpa. I pray everything will be alright when I start the surgery. I am just scared to lose her. Since she touched me, my hope hasn't dropped." I smiled at grandpa, he knew I was so happy when I spoke to him about Ginevra's action the other day at the hospital.

"She will come out alive Vince, Have faith ok?" We stared at the stars with different wishes in our hearts. I looked up to the moon and wished for successful surgery on Ginevra and complete Treatment.

"I love you, Grandpa," I said out of the blue. He looked at me with tears full in his eyes.

"I love you too, Young De Luca." Staring at the stars was one of the things we loved to do since I was little.

The sudden ring of a phone made us jump in fear, it is my phone, which would be calling me by this time of the night. I look at my phone to see the caller's name, it was Mrs. Tonia, it was her shift for the night, why would she be calling me at this time, is she not supposed to be at the hospital or is something wrong with Ginevra, my heart starts to beat so fast at the thought of Ginevra going through a seizure for the second time. I pick up the call without hesitating.

"Hello, Mrs. Tonia is there a problem?" I asked with impatience.

"Uhm, Doctor, there is something you would like to see at the hospital, it's an emergency Doctor." She cried. Mrs. Tonia is 56 years, she has been working for me for six years and she is a loyal Nurse. She would care for Ginevra when I am out for weekends or other business Meetings.

"Mrs. Tonia, Please calm down and speak to me.' I said trying to calm my racing heartbeats.

"Ok Doctor, De Luca, there was a break-in, into the hospital, hmmm, The person broke into Ginevra's room." She whispered.

"WHAT?" I roared.

" Is Ginevra, ok?" I spoke out the only things that were in my head at the moment, I need to know if she is ok.

"Yes Doctor, she was found on the floor, and the Windows in the room are broken."

"OK, I will be there in a minute." I ended the call now looking at Grandpa's worried face.

"Is something wrong with Ginevra?" He asked, I knew he was sensing the uneasiness in me.

"There was a break-in at the hospital and I will have to go to check Ginevra if everything is ok" I stood up from the grass, dusting my Pants.

"Oh, I would be going with you, Vincenzo, I want to know if she's ok" Grandpa held my hands, he wants to see Ginevra, who am I to stop him.

"Ok Pa, I would go into the house to get water and a coat for you Pa, Go to the car, I will meet you there," I said opening the car door for him to sit inside comfortably. I walk back to the house to pick up two bottles of water, Pa's favorite blanket, and his coat. I put it into a backpack, placing it in the backseat.

The drive was fast because I needed to get to the hospital before it's get late. I step out of the car opening the door for Grandpa, as we walk into the hospital, Mrs.Tonia ran quickly towards me.

"Thank goodness, Doctor, you are here... we need your help." She dragged me to Ginevra's room. As I enter the room, Ginevra was laying on the floor bleeding from her right hand, I rushed down to him, she was bleeding so badly. Who would have done this to her? I picked her up placing her on the bed as Instruct Mrs. Tonia.

"Mrs.Tonia, Please get me the first aid box and an extra drip with a new ICU machine. Quickly Please." I begged with fear in my heart. I rubbed her cheeks with my rough fingers. I would kill whoever did this to her. What has she done to deserve this? I looked at the disorganized room, the window glass was broken into big pieces. Her breathing machine was broken into two stains of blood on the floor. I called my guards to check the camera's in the control room to see who had broken into the room. The person will pay for what he or she has done to Ginevra. Mrs.Tonia rushed into the room with the first aid box and drips. I take the box from her, first, cleaning the blood off Ginevra's hand, then placing a bandage on it.

"Mrs.Tonia, I would be taking Ginevra to my house for a week, till I am sure that she is safe. I want you to call the maintenance crew to clear up this room and lock it up when they're done." I said. I carried Ginevra in a bride style, then I took the drips from her while she followed me out of the room with The ICU machine. Grandpa stood up looking so pained when he saw Ginevra in my hands, I guess he heard what I said while I was in the room. He picks up his coat and follows me into the car. I lay Ginevra in the backseat gently, before taking the ICU from Mrs. Tonia and putting it into the trunk. I drive out of the hospital immediately in silence.

"Son, She will be ok, just make sure she's safe," Grandpa says placing his hands on his coat.

"Hmmm, I will Pa, all I just want to do is to find who touched her," I said with a bitter tone.

"Vincenzo, you don't need to kill the person, she just needs you beside her." We didn't talk anymore until I reached the mansion.

We walk into the mansion, I climb the stairs with Ginevra in my arms and Grandpa at my back holding the drips. Walking into the spare room, the design is comfy for a lady, with Baby pink window clothing, and white and rose gold bed cloths. I lay her to bed, taking the drip from Grandpa, he leaves the room to get to the ICU downstairs. I walk into the closet and pick up satin wear, light. I take off the bloody hospital dress she was wearing and put on the satin nighties quickly before grandpa comes in. I made sure that I wasn't looking at her body while I wore the dress, just like a gentleman, I put her under the covers. I set the ICU machine beside the bed, then later put her to drip. I read my poems to her, kissing her temples to sleep before I walk out of the room.

Grandpa was heading for the front door, it is so late, where is going to? I stopped him before he could open the door.

"Grandpa, where are you going?" I asked, confused.

"Uhh, I want to go to the bus stop, I will take either the bus or a taxi home." Is he serious, it's so late, I glance at my watch, it reads 10:40 pm. I look back at Grandpa.

"No Grandpa, you don't need to go home or take transport. I would drive you home tomorrow. Please stay for the night "He walks towards me, hugging me. Walking up the stairs, I open the door beside Ginevra's room, Ginevra's room was opposite mine, I want her to be so close to me, and after the incident that happened today, I won't let her leave my side. I take out the bed clothes from the closet beside the bed, spreading them for grandpa to lay down to sleep. I put his coat into the closet before walking toward the door.

"Grandpa, do you need anything else?" I asked, looking back at him, he was already on the bed, covering himself under the blankets.

"No, Vincenzo, I am fine, thank you so much."

I walk out of the room, walking past Ginevra's room, I peeped at her, she was laying lifeless, but deep down I know she is alive and I will hear her laugh.