XXVIII

GINEVRA P.O.V

5TH NOVEMBER 2003

Autumn 5:11

I stare at myself in the glass mirror seated by the dresser of my large brightened room. I am no longer the Ginevra I had known for 25 years, I have grown to become a beautiful and bold girl. I was a girl with shattered dreams three years ago but I was given a second chance. This day marks a new life, a new day, a new chapter, a news story, and a new wedding. I was once betrothed to a man that I never loved but now I am going to spend the rest of my life with the world's best man I have ever known. Vincenzo De Luca. He is more than a million, when I thought I wouldn't be complete, he played the role of stitching my life back. I was told three years ago on a day like this to bring respect to the Espositos and make them proud, but that was in the past, I was forced into a marriage that I knew would not bring laughter to my cheeks or confidence to myself. I walk out of the past through a door and here I am smiling at a prosperous future ahead o me.

"Are you ready Gine?" Ophelia walked into the room looking so dazzling. I guess choosing the color rose gold made a lot of sense, the color speaks of its beauty and royalness. Her hair was tied up in a neat bun, leaving some curls down her face to make a cute front bang.

"I am so nervous Ophe," I said shaking.  She touches my hands, rubbing them down to the bottom and then to the top. 
"It's alright to be nervous Gine, everything will be fine, just smile, show off your white teeth and cute dimples, I promise you, you will be fine." She places my crown on my hair carefully.

"Ok," I sighed. "Ophe, do you think Vincenzo wants to marry me?"I stared at her face through the mirror.

"Yes Gine {She turns my face to look at her's} I see the way he looks at you Gine, any lady in your shoes will die to be looked at like that, he loves you, he adores you, He does" I smiled at her reply, hugs me tightly before we heard the knock on the door.

"Vera, darling, are you ready?" Aunt Mirabella walked into the room, dressed in a flower dress gown stopping below her knees. She had her scarf tied in a loose bow around her neck. She looks so much like my mom. 

"Yes, Aunt." I smiled back at her.

I take a last look at myself in the mirror before stepping out of the room, I walked slowly and did not forget to put a smile on my face while walking down the stairs behind Aunt and Ophelia. People smiled while others didn't stop whispering. Ophelia walked straight into the church, standing beside the other bridesmaid. I glance through the church, crowd! That is what kept playing in my head.

"Hey, Vera, look at me calm down, I will walk you down to the alter, before I hand you over to your husband, ok" I nod my head in agreement with Aunt's words. 

The sound of the church piano harmonized with the other instruments. The priest picks up the Microphone preparing the bride to walk in. 

"We are gathered here to celebrate and acknowledge the joint of Ginevra Esposito and Vincenzo De Luca in the unity of marriage. There are no obligations on earth sweeter or more tender than those you are about to assume. There are no vows more solemn than those you are about to make. So let's welcome the Bride to the Alter" 

My Aunt's arm is linked with mine as the music starts playing. I am about to live a life of a princess just like every fairytale did. My gaze hovers on my Aunt and she gives me a cheerful smile, receiving a flush as we begin to walk down the aisle. She looks at me in awe, as I stand beside my to-be husband. Vincenzo takes my hand slightly as we stand to face each other.