XXII

VINCENZO P.O.V

"Good Evening Mr.Tommaso, How do you like the Punch?" Mr.Tommas is the H.O.D of the finance department, he is one of my dad's right-hand men. "Oh my, Dr.De Luca, thank you for inviting me to this pleasant event." 'You are welcome sir" I take a bow and walk toward the old couples and take a bow before I speak. "Good Evening Mr. and Mrs. Fedrico, hope you are enjoying the event?" They both turned with a smile. '' Oh yes sir, we are very grateful for this gracious evening" Mrs. Fredrico grinned from ear to ear. I take a bow before walking backstage. Picking up my brown journal from the table, it had the speech I would be saying. " Vincenzo, darling, How are you?" I looked back with a grin plastered on my face, it was mom, she was with Grandpa and MAYA! Oh my, I told her to never step foot into this mansion ever, only if I invited her. Well, what can I say, mom brought her. I took a questionable look at Maya. She was in a black-knee dress, covered with a white Shawl around her neck, her height is pretty impressive but that doesn't mean I would marry her. I stare back at my mom with a why did you bring her to overlook. She just rolled her eyes, making my annoyance spike up the more. Is this night going to get any better or weirder?   I take a bow and shake grandpa's hand before hugging Mom, I gave Maya a weak smile and immediately looked everywhere except her face. "You are highly welcome to my mansion, I would join you all 30 minutes later, I need to take my speech" I walk so fast to the stage, standing before the lectern. Cleared my throat before calling the meeting to order.

" Ministers, ladies, and gentlemen... Good Evening

In true la pergola style, I hope everyone is having a very happy meal. 

Moving to Newyork in 1991 was a leap of faith, I decided to become a surgeon, a cardiovascular surgeon, but the tragic death of my father brought me back to Italy, even though he died 10 years ago, his death didn't stop me from achieving my dreams. I worked hard to be the best Surgeon in the world and alongside worked so hard not to let my dad's name drown in the mud. It's a huge responsibility, I know but that won't stop me from being happy every second of my life. I wanted to reference that starting point in time because from a position of uncertainty and self-doubt, this Italy opportunity has become my best and has provided me the most fulfillment I've ever had in my career.

As described in the video, we took hold of the megatrend, it took us 8 years to open our first 100,000 restaurants in Italy, the first 1000 hospitals in Italy, 200, hospitals in new york, and 5000 restaurants in New York, and just in 3 years, we opened 3000 in Mexico. We doubled our revenue over an already large base and grew profit by over 90% We grew the organization from 10,000 to 100,000 employees. And in tier 1 and 3 cities where we scaled up, we have beaten our key competitors in market share. We are ranked in the top five most powerful brands in the world. I want to thank you all once again for accepting my invitation and showing yourself available here tonight. But I would like to say I am very honored to be the C.E.O of this great company, De Luca S.P.A. It is with pleasure that  I accept. It's a privilege to serve all around the world and mainly in Italy in such decisive times. Thank you, Ladies and gentlemen"  Loud claps are heard from around the hall of people, I take a bow and make my way down the stairs. Mom gives me a warm hug and a welcome kiss on the cheeks, while I hug grandpa tightly. Maya smiles at me holding her hands out for me to shake them as a greeting. I take it as just a greeting and nothing more.

⏱⏱⏱⏱⏱

"Dr.De Luca, that was a great speech you said up there." I turned to look at the owner of the voice, it was Mr. Rolberto, who had his wife beside him. I plaster a faint smile on my face before I spoke. "Good Evening, Mr. and Mrs. Rolberto" "Thank you, sir." 

" I took you for granted, I never knew you got such great taste in foods and drinks, I love the punch served earlier though, I should say it got exquisite taste." We both laughed awkwardly. " The pleasure is mine Ma'am."