VII

VINCENZO P.O.V.

It was finally Saturday, a day of rest. I put on my joggers, vest, and sneakers, ready for a run at the park. My estate is big enough to jog around but nahh I will run in the pack. It's over an hour and I am really tired... I jog hastily back to my mansion, it has always been quiet and lonely. I spend the most time at work or my beach house, so I hardly come home. It's past 4:30 pm and I have been so engrossed in work, that managing millions of companies is enough to handle alone. Since the death of my dad I took up his place in the business world, and that is adding to my business line, I wouldn't say it's a burden, but it's a whole lot of work for someone as young as I am. Thanks to grandpa who has always been there for me when talking about business. I was introduced to the business world when I was 17 years, that was when I graduated from high school, that's pretty stressful but what would I say, my dad died too early, I am next in kin, so I have to oblige.

I almost forgot about the dinner plans I have with mom. She would be so mad at me if I didn't show up at the dinner. I take a quick shower and shave the beards that were beginning to grow. I put on one of the grey suits that I had bought in New York. I put my phone on speaker as I call Diego...

" Hello, Diego! I would like you to pick me up at the mansion, I am going for dinner with my mother at the De Luca's Mansion." I say in one sentence as I put on my watch.

" Yes Sir, I would be there in 5 minutes ." He ends the call.

                                                                              ⏱⏱⏱⏱⏱

"Thanks, Diego, You can drive back to the mansion, I don't think I would be needing you this evening" I look out the window, staring at the lighted building before my eyes.

" But Sir, who would take you back to the mansion?" Diego says with a bit of concern mixed with worries.

" Uhmm, Is nothing to worry about, I would sleep at the mansion tonight or I would call you if I need anything."

"Ok, sir." I step out of the car dusting off the wrinkles on my suit... I stare at the mansion I have known for 10 years, it was the first home I had known all my life, but since my father died, I haven't visited home, I would stay at my mansion or with Grandpa. I walk into the building, the halls were decorated with my Father's pictures, mother's paintings, Grandpa's pictures, and other Older De Luca's...lastly I pass a big picture of me, my 18 years look in a frame. I looked so much like Dad and got the eyes of a mom. I hear one of the guards welcome me as I walk into the dining room.

" Young De Luca is here." It wasn't the only mom I saw sitting in the dining, there was a lady with black hair, sitting beside mom, she looks so familiar...

"Welcome back home, Vincenzo" Mom hugged me tightly... She has missed me so much, I could see it writing all over her.

"Yes, Ma! I am home." I sit opposite mom, my jaw dropped so wide when I saw the face of the lady, it was Maya! I couldn't believe my eyes. What is she doing here, what is she doing here, back in Italy?

"Maya, you are here," I said in disbelief. She smiled at me.

"Yes I am here"

"Why didn't you tell me, you are back from Germany?" mom just kept smiling and staring back and forth at me and Maya.

"Uhmm, I came back last week and decided to visit you and Mom, but your mom said you are so busy these days, especially at the hospital.'

" Oh yes, I am a busy man now, so I spend time at the hospital... It's crazy, seeing you here in person."

" Yeah I guess" She smiled sheepishly

" How is Mark?" I asked, I remember back in high school, she told me she likes me as a friend, that she would be spending her life with Mark, Mark was one of the popular guys back in the school day, even though I liked Maya since kindergarten, but she made it clear that we are nothing but friends, so I never crossed that line. But now I am over Maya, I don't do relationships, so I am just young and ambitious.

Her smile faded away as she spoke " well, we are no longer together, he broke up with me because he started hanging out with other girls in the fashion world." Ouch, that sounded so sad, I guess mark wasn't the guy for her after all.

" Well, why don't we start eating, the chef has prepared a whole lot of meals for us, there Is Lasagna, Mashed potatoes, cheese, spaghetti Alla Carbonara, polenta, Caprese salad, Gnocchi, and Tiramisu.."

What the hell! Mom made a lot of meals just for three guests... Well, it's my mom what was I expecting.

"Nice, thank you, Thea" Maya had always called my mom's name, even though when my mom didn't tell her, she never called anyone Mr or Mrs. I never noticed until now, I guess I was blinded by love.

" So Maya, tell us about your successful part in the Fashion world?" Mom said with a smile. Maya had always wanted to be a model, it didn't surprise me, she has a body for a model, and her height is not doubted.

"Well, I won the best female model in New York last year, there would be another award day for the models in Italy by December, and guess what? I was nominated' She kept on fanning herself with her hands blowing off her fake blush. Why was she acting all weird, she never used to act like this, well like I said before, I was blinded by love. I scrolled through my phone, not interested in her talk of achievement. The food was finally served, I kept on eating in silence, watching mom and Maya talk about their achievements in the fashion world. I am dying for this night to end quickly...