XX

VINCENZO P.O.V

" Thank you for inviting me Thea, It has been a very long time since I saw you," Grandpa said with a smile playing on his lips.

Mom invited grandpa and me over for a dinner, it's been a long time since we ever had dinner as a family. Sometimes it will just be my mom and I or Mom and dad but not with grandpa. The last time we had dinner with grandpa was the month after dad died.

"You are welcome, Dad," Mom said.

"So Vince, how is everything at the office?" She asked, putting a spoonful of broccoli in her mouth. I chew my potatoes quickly before speaking.

" Uhm, Everything is good, there will be a grand opening of one of my companies in India, next month." I smiled at my achievements.

"Wow, that's Huge! " She said looking at her food. I looked at her in confusion.

"Vince, what your mom is trying to say is, awesome." Grandpa cut in.

Mom didn't speak anymore, grandpa kept on talking to mom about his lovely new paintings, I could see the fake smile she put on her cheeks. Mom is not a fan of paintings, that's why she never cared about Dad's artworks and my writings. I kept on eating my cheese bread, potato, and Tzatziki In silence. I am not interested in their talk so I eat quietly and observe every of my meal. Mom looked at me before speaking.

"So Vincenzo, when are you going to introduce us to the girl you would love to marry?" I looked at her immediately, Ginevra's face kept floating in my head. I smiled at the thought of me marrying Her.

"Is there something I should know because that smile is suspicious?" She looked at grandpa, who was also smiling, he knows what I was thinking so that made it weirder for mom. She kept on staring at Grandpa and me in hesitation.

'Am I missing something? Why are you both smiling?" 

We kept on smiling but didn't talk, Which made her even more confused.

" Is someone going to talk or i should force you?" She asked. I swallowed my food and drank my wine before I answered her question.

"Uhm, mom, I have someone I love, I really love her"

"Oh wow, what is her name? and when are we going to see her. What are you waiting for?" She asks a lot of questions. I looked at grandpa before I spoke, putting on a sad face. Mom looked at grandpa to know the reason for my sudden mood swing.

"Mom, she is in a coma! but she is fine" I spoke with so much hope written all over my words.

"What? Coma! Vincenzo, so it's true what Maya had said, that you fall for your patients.  Why would you choose to marry her, what of all the whole good-looking ladies around the world, you choose to marry a lifeless girl that is about to die." She lashed out in anger. I send her a death glare, does she know who she is talking to, why would she say terrible things about Ginevra.

"Never call Ginevra lifeless again" I roared. grandpa could sense the unbearable atmosphere and he wasn't happy about the situation.

"What happened to Maya, Vincenzo! She is a pretty lady, single, young, healthy, and even rich like you. She is available and besides she loves you so much"  Is she serious, she wants me to marry someone I don't love at all.

"Yes Maya is young, rich, and healthy but I still don't care. She loves me, I don't love her. She is just a friend to me and nothing else." I spoke with so much sincerity.

"And so what, so you want to leave Maya that has always known you from the beginning to love a total stranger, is that what you are saying?  She squints her eyes halfway, a habit she does a lot when proving herself right.

"No that is not what I am saying, I am saying I can not marry Maya and I'd rather marry Ginevra because I love her." I put a new cigarette into my mouth and lit it before staring back at her.

"I do not approve of this, you will not marry that girl, do I make myself clear?" She screamed at me. I laughed maniacally.

"No mom, I will not and I will never marry Maya."     She was about to speak before Grandpa cut in. 

"Do you realize that I'm still in your Presence Thea De Luca and Vincenzo De Luca" He only calls people by their full names when he gets so mad?

" Thea De Luca, you cannot choose the girl he wants to marry. Ok, let me ask you this, Did your father force you into marrying my son?" Grandpa looked at her, waiting for her response.

"No sir!" She answered respectfully.

"So why force your son to marry someone he doesn't love? I will not hear about this argument again. This topic is settled ok! Now let's eat our dinner in peace and harmony."

 Why on earth is she ventured on me getting married to Maya. She was with me when Maya ran with Mark, saying they would be together for life, am I supposed to fall for someone that was already in love with my enemy in school. Is it because he broke up with her that's why I should accept her. There are a lot of eligible young guys that would love Maya but not me. I am no longer interested in her. 

After grandpa had scolded mom, the remaining hours of dinner were spent in silence, it was getting late and I had called Diego to drop grandpa first before taking me back to my mansion. This night didn't end well and that spoiled my day, so I spend the rest of the night drinking at the bar to wipe away the thoughts of today's arguments at the dining table.