XV

VINCENZO P.O.V.

"Vincenzo, you have been quiet lately, what's up with you Bro?" Carlo nudge me.

"Yeah, normally, you would talk about work and business stuff, but look at you man, you drink like you are a teenage boy with a broken heart."

These boys don't even understand what is going on. I have been drinking for a long time but rarely, these days I drink a lot and I can't just stop. Since Ginevra said she loves me, I can't stop thinking and dreaming of her, but her case is getting worst and I can't come up with any solution.

"But Man, you look sick though, I think you need a break from work" Cosimo spoke bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Well guys I don't think you guys are getting the whole point here, Our one and only Bro are in love and now he is drinking way too much because his love is in Coma." Alberto smiled giving me a rough squeeze on my arm. It is only Alberto who knows Ginevra, he found out when I was talking to myself in my offices. It was a weird day, I was saying I love Ginevra and I would love to take you on a date. I threatened Alberto to never say what he said.

"Really? Vincenzo? Our tough man or you are referring to another Guy, Alb?' Cosimo was in doubt. I know it's crazy, but I have finally fallen in love. I was the only guy in this group who wasn't interested in the topic of love, I would laugh when they talk about their relationships with girls, I feel it's a waste of time dating someone you are not interested in, but look at me now, I am in love and I don't know what to do at all.

"Yes is in love, well the lady is so hot and pretty but she's in a terrible situation I rather not say" Alberto looked at me, waiting for me to explain to Carlo and Cosimo.

"Well, Her name is Ginevra and she is a patient at the hospital, hmmm she is in a coma but she has a heart disease which requires immediate treatment." I looked down at the tiles not wanting them to see my sad face.

"It's ok Vince, she will be ok and it's ok to fall in love... ok" Cosimo is sounding so much like grandma, always assuring me of happiness at the end of the tunnel.

"So like guys I want to propose to Jenny, But I don't know if she would accept me?" Carlo spoke up giving a questionable look. He wants to marry Jenny, the slut in our high school days. I can't believe he loves her, well who am I to judge them.

"Oh no, Carlo, you can't date that girl, I don't think your marriage with her would last." Thinking I was the only one who is against it, I guess Cosimo has his reasons too.

"Why Carlo, do you have an issue with that." Carlo shrieked.

"Uhm, well I don't think you would like to know the reason ." Cosimo sipped his wine.

"Cosimo, please can you just say it, you are giving me a freak." I stare at them sipping my wine.

"Well, Sophie, said she saw Jenny at the hotel the other night during her shift hours, Jenny was with a guy, she was rubbing herself all over him, so, Man that girl ain't good for ya bruh."

"Yeah, I agree with Cosimo, Jenny is not the right lady, you would like to see her in a white dress, just saying." Alberto raises his hand. Now Carlo was staring at me, waiting to see my reaction.

"Bro, what do you think of Jenny?" He asks me looking at me straight in the eye.

"Uhm, Carlo, Jenny ain't good for you, do you remember our high school days, when she slept with almost the quarterbacks, I know you do.. what I will just say is, a slut will always remain a slut." I take the last sip of my wine, before lighting a cigarette. I know Carlo was giving himself a second thought about the idea. I mean what are friends for, we just told him the truth so he needs to think twice about it.

"I will see you later guys, I got to go have fun..." Cosimo's idea of fun isn't fun, hanging with girls in the club or making out with them doesn't sound like fun to me.

" I am so in for a fun night, count me in." Carlo is also interested, wasn't he the one who said he would love to propose to Jenny, now look at this guy. I don't understand this boy anymore.

"Count me in, Cos, I just wanna get laid tonight, I am tired of all the stress, so that will just get the stress off." Alberto stands heading for the door.

"I want to get Jenny off my mind and I will be looking for a new girl, so stop giving me that look."

"Are you gonna come with us, Vince?" Cosimo asked.

"Nah, I would just stay here and drink." I gave a straight smile.

"Ohh I see, our man is love-struck so he got Ginevra in his head. "

"Awen love is in the air."

" Well bro, have fun and don't think too much. It's not good for your health, I believe you know that already, Doctor De Luca." Alberto mocked.

"See ya later Bruh" They all walked out of the private room, leaving me to sink deeper in my thoughts. What if Cosimo is right, she would be ok, I believe she will wake up, but I need the right heart for this surgery.