XVI

A/N: The picture of De Luca's hospital is above.

VINCENZO P.O.V

Knock! knock!

"Come in," I said, writing in a patient's file.

"Sorry t disturb you Doctor, but there is a lady that is here to see you" I look up from the files I was signing.

"Who is she?" I asked politely 

"She said her name is Maya Christiano" She whispered. Oh my God, what does she want, didn't I make it clear that I do not want to see her near these premises or even in this hospital.

"Hmmm, ok let her in," I said 

"Ok, sir!"She walks out while Maya walked in within a second.

"What do you want Maya? I told you to never step a foot in these buildings again or even come near my space."I said not looking up from my files.

"I know Vin Po, I am sorry, I just came to apologize for what I did the other day" She still calls me this nickname. I never liked the name, she started calling me that, when she found out that at night I sleep with Winnie the pooh teddy, but that is when I was younger. So it's now that she is sorry, she would have killed Ginevra.

"Hmmm, so now you are sorry? Are you sorry? You almost killed my patient, so think once again, are you sorry?" I stared at her in anger. She bows her head before speaking, " Yes I am sorry"

Well, she better be I don't have patience for her misbehavior.

"Ok! Don't you want to sit or do you prefer standing. I didn't order a statue, so have a sit." I said with my eyebrows arched up. she sits opposite me looking at me to start a new conversation.

"So! Why are you here Maya?" I asked.

"Well, I just wanted to apologize." She said with a straight face.

"Hmmm, is that all, or do you have something else you want to say ?" I stare at her.

"Well, no just wanted to see how you are doing. I want you to show up as my partner at the red carpet show this weekend."  Oh really now she is crazy, she wants me to be her fake partner, I don't want to! Neither do I want to go, she's not serious. Did she apologize just for me to accept this stupid offer? I won't and besides, I am not interested in her.

" Maya! You are kidding. Did you come here to invite me to a  fashion show? Were you sorry when you came here or did you just pretend to be  sorry to seek my presence in your show?" I lashed out in anger.

"Why the hell are you shouting at me Vincenzo, yes I came here to apologize and also to invite you. Why don't you want to come? Oh, I see, is it that same patient that has you so wrapped on her fingers, now tell me, what has she done to you that you hate me so much." She shouted 

"Don't you dare shout at me and talk about Ginevra like that?" I roar.

"Wow, you have grown so intimate with this girl that you call her by her first name. what does she have that I don't? I am prettier than her, Vince, I got the money, I got the fame, I am everything she isn't" She stared at me. Little does she know that Ginevra is different and unique in every way.

"You are prettier, but she is beautiful, she doesn't need to be famous or rich to take my breath away. I agree with you, you are everything she isn't, well she is natural, she doesn't need to be like you, I love her that way"  I said furiously.

Now she was looking at me with shock, she wasn't expecting to hear the "L" Word.

"Vincenzo, I don't think you know what you are saying, you are saying, you can't love her, she is not going to wake up, and by the time you realize that you will come back running to me like you always did in high school." She walked out of the room, leaving me in rage. I fling the paper files on my table to the floor.