XXVII

GINEVRA P.O.V

15TH MAY 2002.

It's been a year since the incident of the plane crash and the transplant of my heart. I feel so alive, the scars of the past may look visible but to me, they are dead. I am so grateful to the Doctor that was always with me from the beginning of my surgery to the end. Well, I forgot to say Doctor Vincenzo and I are on a date. We have been dating though for like three years, so today's date is more like a special one, as he said. I am only quoting his words. Jeez! I don't have what to wear for this date, oh my! what am I going to do. I pace around the room thinking of possible ways to get a dress. The door of my room swings open revealing Aunt Mirabella outside the door. I looked at her with so much confusion writing all over my face. Why did she open the door, this wide? "Well, Ginevra, are you saying that you didn't hear the doorbell ring?" Uhh, when did the doorbell ring? I have been up here and I know that the goddamn doorbell didn't ring. "Sorry, Ma I didn't hear it ring"  "It's ok dear, the was a box outside the door, it had your name on it but the person just wrote From your Ragazzo! Take it, I got to go back to the store to get more books for the library." She hands me the box and walks towards the door that was open ajar. She turns to look at me with a smile. "Gine, be a good girl while I am out, take good care of yourself, I will be home for dinner, love you, bye" I run straight to my bed where the fancy decorated box laid. The box is wrapped in Turquoise blue paper with a grey ribbon, tied in a knot at the center of the box. I ripped off the wrappers impatiently, revealing a teal green satin dress and by the side of the box was a bag that had silver heels in it.

Oh my goodness, Vincenzo didn't have to do this, this is way too much and I am pretty sure it's so expensive. In four years, I wouldn't even be able to afford this dress talkless of the heels. This is so Luxurious!   I dial Ophelia's number immediately. This was the first time I have used a phone. I never had the money to afford it, and it took me months to learn how to use it.  Hello! Gine, howdy-doody?" Her loud voice filled the room. Jeez, she is so loud. "Guess what babe? " I yelled. 

"I don't know Babe, tell me, you know I am not good at guessing" She laughed. 

"Vincenzo and I have a date this night and wait I haven't gotten to the fun part yet... He bought me a dress and some shoes, I didn't know what to wear but he bought me clothes. They are too EXPENSIVE!" I screamed, popping the word expensive.                        

"Woow G, that is so awesome, I am going to come to your house right away, I won't allow my bestie to go for her date looking so simple... So expect me right away." She ended the call without letting me reply to her. 

 AUTHOR'S NOTE: GINEVRA'S DRESS AND SHOES ABOVE

🕖🕖🕖🕖🕖                                             

The doorbell of the front door rang like three times... opening the door, I see Ophelia. She had two paper bags in her hands. I am so confused, what did she bring again." Are we going to eat outside at the front of your porch or you are going to let me in?" She asked bringing me out of my thoughts. I smiled and open the door wide for her to come in. "You didn't tell me we are going to be eating and what is in the other Paper bag Ophe?"  She pretends to think of something before giving me a sheepish smile. " Uhh. Makeup!" Hmmm, makeup.