6.) An Empty Promise

"Kaminari.. Y-You're joking, right?" Kirishima asked on the verge of crying. He felt like throwing up. "I'm not... I'm sorry, I-" Kaminari was interrupted. "Kaminari, please, stop playing around!" Kirishima placed his shaking hands onto Kaminari's shoulders swaying him back and forth. "I-I'm sorry, stop it, please!" Kaminari tried to take his arms off of him. "Stop it! You're hurting me!" Kaminari yelled. Suddenly, Kirishima was pulled away. Kaminari couldn't even look up. The shaking had caused a migraine. "Ah, ow..." Kaminari held his head and slowly peered up. He saw Bakugo who just stared at him. "Bakugo..?" He called. "So, you remember my name, then." Bakugo said. Kirishima just stood behind Bakugo in tears, frozen. "I.. Yeah." Kaminari still held his head. "What's wrong with your head?" He asked. "I don't know.. It's just... It's pounding.." Kaminari mumbled. Bakugo instantly turned his head to Kirishima. "Kirishima, what the hell were you thinking?!" Bakugo yelled. He instantly felt bad though when once turned around he was met with his friends tear stricken face. "He couldn't remember my n-name.. He's forgetting, Bakugo. It's only going to get worse." Kirishima covered his face trying hard not to look at Kaminari's face.

It was quiet for a while. Kaminari shook his head. "No.. I will get better! I will.. Right, Bakugo?" Kaminari asked. Bakugo turned to face Kaminari. "Uhm.. Yeah, yeah." The unsureness in his voice made Kaminari's face turn from a soft smile to a more somber look. "Kaminari, I promise you." Bakugo came closer and the two made eye contact. Kirishima's eyebrows furrowed and he stormed out of the room. He slammed the door. Bakugo and Kaminari looked to the door. "I've never seen him like that.. I didn't mean to make him so mad.." Kaminari mumbled. "It's not your fault, stupi-... It's... You're fine." Bakugo struggled to speak.

"Oh, here." Bakugo pulled out a card that everyone in class had signed. It was a 'get better soon' card. Kaminari quickly took it with a smile. "Oh wow! This is so nice!" Kaminari read all the nice notes. "I hope your get better, Chargebolt." Kaminari smiled at Jirou's note. "Hurry up and get better so we can beat some villain butt." Kaminari laughed at Uraraka's. Bakugo smiled watching this. Kaminari looked at him for a moment. For some reason Bakugo had gone a bit soft. Maybe he was worried for his friend. He's never gone so soft on Kaminari, he felt his face warm up a bit. He then started to read again. "Get better soon, all the gorlths attention is on you.. Right.. Now. God, he even wrote it the way he says it!" Kaminari laughed loudly to Mineta's note. Bakugo rolled his eyes with a smirk. Kaminari looked back to the card. "Get better soon." Kaminari read, his smile faded. It was bland. He looked up to Bakugo. "What? Be happy I wrote anything, Pikachu." Bakugo mumbled. Kaminari smiled looking back to the card then back at Bakugo. He quickly reached out his arms and wrapped them around Bakugo. Bakugo tensed up quickly. He didn't push him off like he usually would, though. "Bakugo, if anything.. I promise, I'll never forget you." Kaminari promised facing the blank wall as he hugged Bakugo. "I know you won't.. I'm too awesome to forget, idiot.." Bakugo didn't hug back but stayed still. Kaminari pulled away. "I know you and Kirishima weren't supposed to be here. You should get back before Aizawa sees." Kaminari said. "Right.. Bye." Bakugo waved as he walked off. "Bye bye..." Kaminari waved.

Once Bakugo was out the door he was confronted by Kirishima. "Why would you do that..?" Kirishima asked. He looked so upset. Kirishima couldn't even look at Bakugo and this upset Bakugo.

 Kirishima couldn't even look at Bakugo and this upset Bakugo

"Do what? You were the one freaking out!" Bakugo yelled. Kirishima's eyebrows furrowed. "You made a promise you know you can't keep!" Kirishima yelled. "Well I know he's going to be okay! There's no way he's gonna forget everything.. You heard Aizawa, he just can't overuse his quirk." Bakugo stated. Kirishima shook his head as he chuckled. "Whatever... I just hope you won't come to regret it." Kirishima started to walk away. Bakugo wanted to pull him back but he didn't. He gritted his teeth and stood there alone for a while. "He's going to be okay, shitty hair..." Bakugo mumbled. His voice carried through the empty hall.