17.) Bittersweet

Kaminari's first day back at school was probably one of his most stressful school days for him. A LOT of work was given to him with only a week to make it all up as the end of the quarter neared. Not only that but EVERYONE was talking to him! He couldn't catch a break. He understood why. Their friend had been in the hospital for a month so of course they'd be like this. "Kaminariiii!" Mina whined once Aizawa started to take his daily nap. "We were so worried, man!" Sero hugged his friend. "Don't ever get yourself into trouble like that again!" Jirou yelled teary eyed. Bakugo eyed Kaminari from his desk which was across the room. Kaminari struggled to recognize him. "I swear I-I'll be more careful.. I'm sorry for making you guys stress." Kaminari kept glancing back and forth. "Oh, is it true that you really can't remember Bakugo at all?" Momo asked innocently. Bakugo shuddered when she said this. Kaminari figured that the guy who stared at him from across the room was probably Bakugo. "Yeah.. But I'm going to do everything I can to remember him! I'll never give up!" Kaminari said with a bright smile. Bakugo tensed up, he didn't expect that. He felt his heart flutter for a minute but ignored the feeling.

During lunch Kaminari went to sit next to his usual friend group but once he got there his golden eyes met with fierce red ones. Bakugo looked deep in thought. The rest of his friends seemed to look worried. Was something happening that he wasn't aware of. He sat down. "Hey guys!" Kaminari waved. Everyone waved back except for Bakugo. "Hey, Bakugo, why aren't you being welcoming? This is his first day back." Kirishima said looking annoyed. Bakugo crossed his arms. "Maybe I'd be normal if the idiot actually knew who I was!" Bakugo yelled. "I'll.. Let that go?" Kaminari said hurt. "Bakugo, calm down." Sero said. "No! This is stupid!" Bakugo yelled walking off. "Whatever!" Kirishima yelled also walking away. The two seemed angry with each other. "Wai-Wait!" Kaminari stood up. None of them came back. "I'm sorry about them, they haven't been on the best terms since you've been away.." Sero explained. "I'm worried... Bakugo's never been this closed off before." Mina pointed out. "He'll be fine, don't worry about him too much, Mina." Sero comforted his friend. "I'm gonna go talk to him!" Kaminari said walking off in search of Bakugo. Kaminari started to walk towards the bathroom. He opened the door but he wasn't there. Then he ran out into the hallway. Just then he saw a blonde turning the corner. "Bakugo! Wait!" Kaminari chased after him. "LEAVE ME ALONE!" Bakugo started to run away. "No, I'm not going to leave you alone! You don't have to close yourself off! I may not remember you but I will or we can start over!" Kaminari shouted out of breath. Bakugo stopped running and turned around. "BUT I DON'T WANT TO START OVER!" Bakugo yelled. He seemed really upset. Kaminari sighed and walked over. "I'm sorry." Kaminari whispered before hugging him. Bakugo tensed up, he didn't push him away.

Kaminari then pulled away. "I'm never going to give up! I'm going to remember you, Bakugo! I promise you!" Kaminari promised. Bakugo's face looked flushed. His heart was racing super fast, too. "Y-You're such an idiot... Don't make.. A promise that you can't keep." Bakugo said. Suddenly, Kaminari remembered something. "I recall someone promising me something they couldn't be sure of. Wasn't it you?" Kaminari asked. Bakugo felt his heart drop. "I.." Bakugo looked away. "AH! I didn't mean to make you upset! I just remembered it so I said it like the idiot I am.. I'm sorry!" Kaminari looked down pouting. Bakugo looked over and rolled his eyes. "Don't apologize. Come on, face up." Bakugo placed his hand on Kaminari's head and messed his hair all up. Kamianri looked up wide eyed. Bakugo wore a smirk that made Kaminari's cheeks turn a bright red. Kaminari smiled. "You're really.. Pretty." Kaminari pointed out feeling more free to speak as he didn't remember Bakugo's fury.

"W-What?" Bakugo didn't even yell, he just seemed shocked. Kaminari instantly panicked.

"I'M SORRY! THAT WAS SO EMBARRASSING! YOU'RE MORE LIKE HANDSOME OR MANLY LIKE KIRISHIMA SAYS! NOT PRETTY! UNLESS YOU LIKE THAT COMPLIMENT!" Kaminari shouted embarrassed

"I'M SORRY! THAT WAS SO EMBARRASSING! YOU'RE MORE LIKE HANDSOME OR MANLY LIKE KIRISHIMA SAYS! NOT PRETTY! UNLESS YOU LIKE THAT COMPLIMENT!" Kaminari shouted embarrassed. "Oi, shut up! You're fine.. And.. Th... Thank you!" Bakugo yelled. Kaminari seemed shocked by this but then started to laugh. "I really like you Bakugo! Hahahaha!" Kaminari still laughed. Bakugo seemed flustered. He only stared quietly.
Knowing that Kaminari liked him before he lost his memory made Bakugo blush at any given gesture Kaminari did. Bakugo sort of wanted to.. Kiss him.
"Well, Bakugo, you've certainly made today less draining! I'd.. Love to remember you. I'm sure we were great friends..." Kaminari seemed a little saddened. He started to walk away but before he could Bakugo pulled him back. Kaminari quickly faced Bakugo. He had no idea what he was going to say.

 He had no idea what he was going to say

"We.. We were! We were great friends and I want.. I want to continue to be so, please, try to remember me! I was wanting to tell you something important!" Bakugo explained. A smile formed on Kaminari's face. "I told you, I won't ever stop trying!" Kaminari said before slipping away. Bakugo stood alone in the hall watching Kaminari walk away. "I.. Love you, too." Bakugo whispered as a tear escaped his eye and down his face.