21.) Wrong Time Wrong Universe

Later that afternoon, after training, Kaminari wanted to go out to get more hair gel as he had been running out but wasn't allowed to go alone. He was going to go ask Bakugo to come when he stumbled across Kirishima in the hallway. "Hey, Kaminari." Kirishima shared a smile. "Hey, sorry about last night.. I was super tired and -" "There's nothing to apologize for, if anything I should for bothering you when you were about to sleep. A hero needs their rest." Kirishima smiled. "Anyway, where are you going?" Kirishima asked. "I was going to ask Bakugo to come to the store with me but if you wanted to we could go together instead?" Kaminari asked. "Oh, sure! What are we getting?" Kirishima asked. "Just some hair gel and maybe like a couple snacks?" "Ooo, great timing, I'm running out of my hair gel too." The two started walking down the hall together. "So, I heard that you've been remembering a lot about Bakugo.. That's good. Anything in particular?" Kirishima asked. It seemed as though he wanted to know about a specific memory. "Well, for one I used to call him Kacchan sometimes to tease him. So, does Deku call him Kacchan to tease him?" Kaminari asked confused. "Nope, just you." Kamianri laughed at this a little. "What else?" Kirishima asked.

"I.. There was.... So, today me and Bakugo ate lunch alone together. There was this moment when he had his hands on my face and I.. I had the urge to kiss him. I remember having this urge before I lost my memory too. Kirishima, did I love him?" Kaminari asked. Kirishima looked at him in heartbreak. "Yep, you still do by the looks of it." Kirishima tried to laugh it off. The two were now walking out of the school. "Anyway, how have you been doing in class?" Kirishima asked changing the subject. "Uh.. Not the best. On the last quiz I got a sixty." Kaminari looked away embarrassed. "Bro, you should totally get Bakubro to help you study. He helped me and my grades are like Cs to Bs!" Kaminari nodded to this facing Kirishima once again.
Finally, the two had gotten to the closest store. The two went inside and quickly went to the isle with hair dye and gel. "Heyyyy, I know what thow shark boy needs!" Kaminari grabbed some of the yellow hair dye as he wore a goofy smile. "We could match!" He waved the hair dye in his hands. "Nope, nooo way.. I'll stick to my red hair dye, thank you very much! I'm "Red Riot" not "Yellow Riot!"' Kirishima grabbed some red hair dye and hair gel. "Aw, man!" Kaminari put the yellow hair dye back and ran over to Kirishima who had went to another isle. This isle was full of candy.

"OOOO, we should have a movie night soon!" Kaminari said as he started gathering a bunch of candy. "That's enough, we don't need you getting sugar high." Kirishima laughed as he stopped Kaminari from grabbing anything else. Kamianri peered up at Kirishima and laughed. Kirishima felt his heart race. "Le-Let's go pay for all this.." Kirishima rushed over to the counter. Kaminari quickly followed a little confused as to why Kirishima was suddenly rushing to get out of the store. As Kirishima paid for everything he felt as though the room was getting smaller and smaller. Once he had paid for everything he ran out of the store and Kaminari quickly followed. "Hey, hey, is something wrong?" Kaminari asked worried. Kirishima stopped once he was out of the store. "No, everything's fine." Kirishima spoke softly turning to Kaminari. "O-Okay, uh, here-" Kaminari dropped two ten dollar bills. "AH, DANG IT!" Kaminari ran after them as the wind had swept them away. Kirishima tried to help get the money. Kaminari went after one as Kirishima went after the other. "HAHA, GOTCHA!" Kaminari yelled catching one of them. Kirishima picked up one from the ground.

"Here, thank you for coming out with me." Kaminari said handing Kirishima the money he had spent on the candy, dye, and hair gel. "It's okay, keep it." Kirishima gave the ten dollar bill back. "A-Are you sure?" Kaminari asked. "I'm.. Sure..." Kirishima felt as though the world around them was slowing. "Kirishima, are you okay-" Kirishima had placed his arms onto Kaminari's face and he kissed him. Kaminari was wide eyed, too shocked to push him away. After being lost in the trance Kirishima pulled away. "OH GOD, I'M SO SORRY! I SHOULDN'T HAVE- CRAP- I-" Kirishima stopped freaking out when he noticed that Kamianri was crying. "Are y-you okay?" Kirishima asked feeling sick to the stomach. He had made Kaminari cry once again. "You kissed me. Do you love me?" Kaminari asked unable to look at Kirishima directly. "I.." Kirishima placed one of his hands on Kaminari's shoulder. "I don't, it was just in the moment.."

Kaminari tried to stop the tears

Kaminari tried to stop the tears. He was shocked, confused, he felt guilty, so many things at once. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have kissed you like that. I didn't mean to make you cry.." Kirishima said wiping his tears away. Kaminari backed up a bit. "It's okay.. It's fine." Kaminari didn't know what to say. "What do you mean though.. By it was just in the moment?" Kamianri asked. "I.. I don't know... We were having a lot of fun and you just looked so..." Kamianri looked up at Kirishima. "So..?" Kaminari wanted him to finish. "Beautiful. You looked beautiful. I.. I do love you, Kaminari. I have." Kirishima let himself break. Kaminari's eyes went wide and he looked all around nervous. He fidgeted with his hands tugging on his shirt and bit his lip. "I know you love Bakugo. Maybe in a different universe we could've been you know... Like.." "in love at the same time?" Kaminari asked. Kirishima noticed the wording and felt a bit relieved. "Yes." Kirishima smiled and hugged his friend. "If we were in that universe right now I think I'd say I love you." Kaminari said trying to give Kirishima a moment but ultimately would never be able to. "I think I'd tell you that I loved you back." Kirishima played along letting his heart break even more. "And then.. And then what would you want to do?" Kaminari asked letting Kirishima live in that universe for a moment. "And then I'd kiss you again." Kirishima came closer. The twos lips were close to touching but Kirishima knew that Kaminari didn't really want to kiss him. Kirishima backed away. "But we should get back to our universe before we get too wrapped up in this one and ruin it." Kirishima said starting to walk towards their school. Kaminari felt his heart sink. He ran over to Kirishima and then started to walk the same pace Kirishima walked. Kaminari looked at Kirishima from the corner of his eye. His face looked pained. "I'm sorry." Kaminari mumbled. "No, I'm sorry." The red head spoke feeling as though this were his fault. "Friends?" Kaminari asked. "Best friends." Kirishima said his frown turning to a smile. "Best friends!" Kaminari giggled a little leaning onto Kirishima as they walked back. Kirishima wrapped his arm around Kaminari as they walked.