chapter 1

Y/n

My mother has always been rough on me and my brother but over the years she's started to get harsher with me. Not like sirus notices, I try to hide it. "It" being cuts, bruises, and any other pain that she caused me. I've been quieter over the years and sirus blames it on growing up but it'd just our mother. She loves our younger brother though. Praises him actually. He will do something like shut his door and she'll be all over him praising him. It gets obnoxious. Today though is a brilliant day. I'm finally leaving thus hell hole of a house and going to hogwarts. Me and sirus got our letters just a few days ago and finally get to leave. I've had my bag packed since I got the letter. Sirus was questioning how fast I was doing it but I ignored him.

"HEY YOU BRATS LETS GO. I WANT TO GET RID OF YOU AS FAST AS POSSIBLE "  my mother shouted. I grabbed my bag for the trian ride. Sirus was already downstairs. I rushed downstairs with bag and trunk in hand. Sirus walked out the door and before I could make it mother grabbed my shoulder. She grabbed my chin and forced me to look at her.

"Don't make me look a fool." She said. She shoved me aside and walked out the door. I followed after her quietly and sat in the muggle car. I sat quietly in the back while we drove. We finally made it to the station. We got out of the car and walked through the station. Mum had me dress nicer than sirus to make me more presentable or something.

We finally made it to the platform and I walked in first

We finally made it to the platform and I walked in first. I didn't even wait for sirus before getting on the trian. Didn't say goodbye to mother or Regulus I just left. I heard sirus yellibg after me but ignored it. I quickly found a seat and sat down. Sirus quickly found me and sat down.

"Why'd you run off like that?" He asked calmly putting his bag next to him.

"She's horrid. I didn't want to be near her any longer" I said. He nodded in agreement. I grabbed a book I had stolen from mother's library and had started to read. After a little while I heard sirus's voice again. Then three boys sat down. One next to me and two next to sirus. I looked up from my book to see who had joined us.

"Hi" the boy across from me said.

"Hello" I said quietly.

"I'm James potter" the boy said holding his hand out for a handshake.

"Y/n, y/n black" I said shaking his hand.

"Uh next to me is Peter Pettigrew. He's in a conversation with your brother I'm assuming" I looked over and he was.

"And I'm Remus " the boy next to Mr said.

"Nice to meet the lot of you" I said. I grabbed my book once again and continued reading. The boys where all chatting while I was reading.

I heard sirus laughing and I looked up.

"Oh she finally looks up" he said. I gave him a confused look. "We've been trying to talk to you for at least five minuets."

"O-oh sorry" I said softly.

"No no I told them not to bother you" Remus said. " I was trying to figure out what book you where reading"

"Oh uh alice and wonderland. Stolen it from my mother. Sorry again"

"Its fine. Is it good. The book"

"Yeah. It's pretty good so far" I looked over and saw sirus with a shocked expression. "What"

"That's the most you've talked in months. You won't even talk to me that much" he said. I shrugged and looked back at my book. I heard the other boys laugh and go back to their conversation except Remus. I saw him with a book in his hand as well.

"Your reading to" I said softly to Remus.

"Oh yes. I really like reading alot. I always have a book on me" he said. We had a small conversation about books we like before both Turing back to our books.

After a while we finally got to hogwarts. The five of us headed out to the boats. Me sirus James and Remus sat in one of the boats. Me and sirus sat in the front and the other two in the back. We walked up to the castle and got stopped at the stairwell.

"Hello first years and welcome to hogwarts. I'm professor McGonagall. In just a moment you will be sorted into your houses slytherin,Gryffindor , hufflepuff and ravenclaw. These houses will be like your family for the next seven years. Wait here and I'll call you in when needed"  the professor said. We all waited until we were called into the great hall.

Most of it was a blur until the sorting. Ofcourse I was first.

"Y/n black!" I walked up to the stool and sat down. The hat was place on my head.

"Oh a black. Your family are slytherins but you don't fit that. Ofcourse your cunning but also a but of a bookworm. Very very brave I see. You'd put yourself in harms way for others. That decides it GRYFFINDOR " 

I let out a sigh of relief and walked over to the cheering table. I sat down and watched as the group got sorted. The boys from my group where last and all got Gryffindor. We all ate and headed up to the common room. I found my dorm and started setting up my part. Then a girl walked in and put her bags on the bed next to me.

"Hello!" She said with a smile.

"Hi"

"I'm lily Evans"

"I'm y/n black. Pleasure to meet you"

"You as well." We both unpacked and I didn't even bother to check on sirus before I went to bed.