chapter 22

James pov

Me sirius and Peter went to head up to go to bed. None of us realized that y/n hadn't come back downstairs yet until we saw her and Remus laying down on the bed and talking. Y/n had used a spell to make stars over Remus's bed. She was pointing out certain ones. Remus saw us walk in and tapped y/n on the shoulder.

"Hi!" She said turning her head to look at us. I just waved and sirius whipped his head around not noticing she was here. Peter just smiled and headed into the bathroom. "I have to go clear things up with lily. I see you all tomorrow. Good night boys " she said walking out. Remus looked at the charm she did on the ceiling one last time before using his wand and making it disappear.

"How are you doing mate" I said looking over at him.

"Better" he said with a smile.

"Good" I said smiling back while grabbing my pajamas. "What you and y/n do in here?"

"Talked. Mostly. She did like showing me the stars though." He said with a growing smile. "She really enjoyed talking about that"

"Yeah she love space and shit like that" sirius said. "She used to put that charm on our ceiling at home and just stare at it"

Y/n pov

I walked into my dorm and saw lily looking nervous on her bed.

"Oh my merlin y/n.i thought u really pissed you off and you weren't going to talk to me after what happened and I shouldn't have forced you and sev-" Lily said rambling

"Lily. Lily! It's fine. I understand what you were trying to do but sometimes it doesn't work out and you have to just move on" I said.

"I know. I'm so so so sorry"

I smiled and gave her a hug.

"I'm heading off to sleep. Goodnight lily " I said

She said Goodnight and headed off to bed.

______________

I woke up the next morning to sirius shaking my shoulder.

"Get up" he whisper yelled.

"How did you get in here!" I whisper shouted back

"Magic now get up"

"Fine I'm up now get out so I can get dressed."

He nodded and walked out the door. I shook my head and grabbed an outfit out of my trunk and headed downstairs for the commons. I saw the boys sitting on the couch talking.

"What was so important that you sent sirius into my room to wake me up for" I sighed sitting next to Remus.

"An excellent prank idea!" James said climbing on the couch and sitting on both me and Remus. I shoved him off after hitting him in the back of the head.

"Y/n and Remus we need you to distract McGonagall and while sirius an-"

"Nope nope nope. Not pranking McGonagall. No way" I said. James smile dropped and he looked shocked. "What? Didn't expect me to say no"

"Actually yeah. Sirius said you'd be on board immediately" Peter chimed in.

"I told them you said no. They didnt listen" Remus said quietly next to me. I laughed at his comment and he looked over at me.

"Good luck but I will not be getting detention because of you." I said before getting up. I walked off and went into my dorm to read.

[Time skip getting close to end of the year because I can]

Their prank landed them in detention until tomorrow. Remus got out of it but Peter sirius and James had to clean every class room in the entire school without magic. The three of them where off cleaning and I wad sitting in the common room with my book. After a minuet someone took my book from my hands. I looked behind me and it was Remus.

"Remus give it back! Please I was reading that" I said as he held it out of my reach by standing on the couch. "Remus! Why!" I said he just laughed. He suddenly dropped down and sat on the couch. I sat down next to him and tries to grab my book.  He moved it further and further from me when he fell off the couch.  I quickly grabbed my book and sat back down. I was laughing as he got up.

"That was just rude" I said.

"No it was funny" he said with a smile on his face.

"I don't want to go home " I mumbled

"I know you don't. Letter me if anything happens."

"I'll try"

He grabbed my shoulder and pulled me into a side hug.

"If I find out anything really bad happend I'll get the potters to get you. Alright?"

"Alright"

"I'll send some test letters to see of your mum is taking letters. If she isn't ill send your birthday presents"

"Well see how that goes" I mumbled.

We sat in comfortable silence for a while until I heard the laughing and talking of two familiar voices belonging to James and sirius.

"We finally finished every room" sirius said flopping down on the armchair.

"Only took ya a few months" I said.

"That was uncalled for" James said

"Its the truth though" 

Remus laughed next to me at James pissed off face.

We sat and talked for hours until we decided to sleep so we weren't really tired for the train tomorrow.