chapter 21

Sirius pov

Remus and y/n aren't back yet am I'm getting pretty nervous.

"I'm going to go look for them" I mumbled standing up. Peter and James nod and I walked out. I walked back towards lily's compartment and knocked on the door. Lily opened the door.

"Sirius I'm not in the mood" she said closing the door again but I put my foot in the door.

"Please listen to me. This isn't a prank and James isn't here" I said. She signed and opened the door again.

"What?" She asked clearly annoyed.

"I can't find y/n and Remus. We were coming to steal y/n when" I paused and looked behind her. Severus wasn't these anymore. "When we heard severus saying some stupid shit about remus right next to her and they were near the door."

"Like what?" She asked

"You don't really want to know"

"No I do."

"He said Remus was a uh. I can't say it but you can see where this is going"

"Yeah uh what did she do"

"She. Well. Funny story. She Pushed him away Into the wall and basically said don't talk about him like that or it won't be just a push." Lily gasped slightly.

"How do you know she's with Remus"

"Well She walked out the door and saw us and Remus was upset about what severus said so me Peter and James walked away. Y/n started talking with him and we haven't seen them since. That was like half an hour ago and I'm worried"

"I'll help you find them" she said. She waved goodbye to the other girl and we walked down the halls. "Sirius this one" she said. I saw y/n pulled Remus off the seat and into a hug. He mumbled something to her and she laughed.

"Thanks lily" I said. She nodded and heard back to her seat. I knocked on the door. I saw Remus look over and they pulled out of the hug. Y/n walked over and opened the door.

"Hi" she said with a smile.

"Hi uh are you two coming back" I asked. She looked over to Remus who nodded and we headed back.

"I found them!" I said walking into our own compartment. The two boys looked up and from so awkward looking conversation and James instantly pulled y/n down into the seats next to him and Remus sat down next to her. Y/n shook his head and Remus rolled his eyes.

"Hey that was a great push on Snivellus. He looked like he was about to shit himself" James said nudging y/n.

"James don't encourage her violence or else you'll end up like that" I said. Y/n hit me and I laughed at her. "See" she sighed and shook her head.

"I'm not that violent" she mumbled.

"Mhmm" Remus hummed questioningly.

"You say that after threatening the hell out of Snivellus" James chimed in. She hit the back of his head with a book. " that hurt" he mumbled

"I was threatening him because he was being a piece of shit to Remus and you all know he's my favorite"

"Not me?!...Your twin brother?!" I said putting a hand over my heart jokingly.

"Definitely not you"

I scoffed and looked away from her. She smirked and grabbed her bag. She threw something at me. I looked at her.

"Merlin your stupid. Chocolate" she said as she handed some to the others.

Y/n pov

We got to hogwarts and sat through the speech and feast before heading upstairs. I put my trunk back in its usual spot and changed into pajamas. I heard sirius Peter and James downstairs.

I walked into the common room and didn't see Remus. I walked over to sirius.

"Where's Remus?" I whispered.

"Uh upstairs in the dorms" he whispered back. "I think he's still upset about the train. Me James Peter and Remus talked about it for a little. We asked if he wanted to come down but he didnt"

"Ok. I'm going to go check on him"

Sirius nodded and I headed up the boys dorm. I knocked on the door and there was no response.

"Remus. Can I come in" I said.

"Yeah" I heard him say quietly. I opened the door and he was sitting on his bed. I shut the door behind me and walked over to him. He moved over a little and I sat down next to him. We sat there in silence before he spoke.

"Thank you"

"For what"

"Standing up for me."

"Of course. I'm not letting that idiot shit talk my best friend" I saw him smile.

"Am I really your favorite"

"What kind of question is that. Of course you are. James is really cocky and can be obnoxious. Sirius is my brother and Peter and I don't talk much. It's like a mutual agreement between us to get each other presents and hugs for holidays or coming back to school" I laughed and he laughed as well.

We sat in the comfortable silence again until I looked over at him. I saw a tear rolling down his cheek. I sat up a bit more and looked over at him. I wrapped him in a hug. He slowly wrapped his arms around me.

"Whats wrong" I said into his shoulder. He didn't answer."snape" I questioned quietly. I felt him nod. "Do you wanna talk about it"

"Sorta" he mumbled quietly

"We can talk about it then" I said. I moved to sit next to him again.

"Well he was say about me being different and makeing you weak. I just. I don't know"

"Remus look at me" he turned his head to meet my eyes."you will never make me week or anyone else weak. You are so strong. You will never and I mean never make anyone weak"

"But I keep hurting you on full moons and you always are limping or needed help"

"That doesn't matter. After you do that you help me and make sure I'm not weak. You are one of the best things that has ever happened to me"

"Really"

"Yes!"

He smiled and pulled me into another hug.

"You wanna know something" He asked

"Hm?"

"Your my favorite to"

I smiled and laughed.

"I better be"