chapter 5

Y/n pov

The winter break was horrible. Regulus always blamed me for things that didn't happend which ended with some curse or getting hit or something like that. I really missed the boys but I did write to them. I'm not sure if they got them because I never got any response from anyone. My mother also sent a werewolf on me. I couldn't even transform into an Animagus before hand. It didn't do anything that could turn me into a werewolf but it hurt.

"Y/n! Get down here!" I heard my mother yell. It's Christmas today. I already know I'm not getting anything. " did you touch Regulus's presents!?"

"No. Why would I do that?" I said back.

"What did I say at the train station! Watch the attitude! If you don't there's worse things coming than the werewolve!"

"Yep sorry" I said rolling my eyes.

"Mum she rolled her eyes!" Regulus said.

"Alright I'll deal with her later" she said shooting me a look. "Let's open your presents darling" she said sweetly to him. I tried to leave but she dug her nails in to my wrist and dragged me down. "Like I said I'll deal with you after" she said through gritted teeth

"You actually said later but ok" I said. She dug her nails in harder. I ignored the pain and sat there in silence.

Regulus opened each present slowly and mum only tightened her grip. When he finished he smiled a smug smirk at me. I rolled my eyes at him. He,being the annoying child he is, told mum.

She stood up and dragged me into a room. I have never seen the inside of this room. She threw me into it and pulled out her wand. Regulus sat in the doorframe and watched. I was about to stand back up when she raised her wand. I all my senses seemed to stop when I saw her actually raise it infront of her favorite child. I just saw her lips move and felt sering pain all over. It felt like I was being stabbed with burning hot knifes. The pain was so bad I couldn't tell were I was anymore. I didn't know where the door or my mother was. I only knew I was in the floor. I felt warm streaks going down my face. The only thing I heard was my screaming and my mother and brothers laughter at my pain. After around 10 or 15 minutes of this I felt on the verge of insanity did she stop.

I couldn't see straight and my throat was killing me. She slammed the door on me. I sat up and hugged my knees close to my chest. I sobbed in the dark room for hours.while I was in this room I figured out she used the cruciatus curse. I was locked in this room for days with the occasional door opening from my mum very rarely with food but mostly curses. She did the cruciatus curse more often now.

Today was finally the day I could leave. I grabbed my trunk and we went to the station. I left her as soon as I could. I heard sirus's laughter along with the boy's on the trian. I followed the sound of them before someone grabed my wrist and pushed me against the wall.

"Hey I'm sorry for finding out your secret. I truly am. I need your help with something" lucius said. I pushed him off of me. I shook my head. "Please. I can try to stop your mother's harassment when I'm there" he pleaded.

"What!" I mumbled

"I'm trying to impress a girl. Uh please help"

"No" I mumbled again before pushing him away again and walking towards the boys.

Remus saw me first and nudged sirius. He looked over and quickly jumped up. He opened the door quickly and pulled me into a hug. I winced slightly at the sudden contact. As soon as he saw me flinch he pulled away. He looked at me.

"What did she do?" He asked under his breath"

"Nothing"

"You sure"

"Mhmm" I hummed. He nodded and James came up to me next.

"Hey we brought your presents here so you can open them with us" he said pulling me into a hug. I did happen to buy them presents and hid them in my trunk for today. I hugged him tightly.

"Thanks" I mumbled. Peter just hugged me and I walked over to my usual seat by Remus. He stood up and wrapped me in one of the best hugs ever.

"Hi! We missed you a whole bunch. Especially me. You left me with these three who act like complete children" he said into my shoulder.

"Sorry!" I chuckled. We stepped away from each other and he put my bag above us. I Sat down and he did as well next to me.

Remus pov

Me and y/n talked a little but the conversation felt awkward. She was super quiet. Like quiter than when I met her. It felt as if we have never talked. She was looking out the window so I moved over to talk to sirius.

"Hey sirius let's go get some snacks" I said. He nodded and we walked out." Why is she so quiet" I asked as we were walking.

"Ok uh can you get James I want to tell him to" he said I nodded and pulled James out of his seat.

"What are we doing?" James asked

"Shhh" I said as we sat in an open compartment. I looked down the hall before sitting and saw Peter going down the hall the opposite way and lucius going Into our compartment.

"Ok. Me and y/ns mum is very harsh on us. I don't know what happened over break but she definitely did something. I didn't think she was ever harsh on y/n until we were leaving the train station yesterday. I saw her hit or knee y/n and shove her a lot. I also saw she had cut on her wrist in the shape of finger nails and she has a whole bunch of bruises and cuts I've never seen" sirius said. I nodded and James looked over at me.

"Did she ever respond to your letters Remus? " he asked

"No I sent her a few and never got a response"

"It was our mum. She probably took the letters from us and hid them and when she sent some out she took them and made sure they never sent. She used to do stuff like that to my uncle when he lived with us. " sirius said. Me and James nodded.

"Well we should actually get some food and head back. I saw lucius head into our compartment" I said getting up. They both nodded and they went to go get food while I went to check in y/n and lucius.

"Y/n if you don't help me I'll tell your little secret to sirius. I know he won't like it." He said.

"Lucius it's not like I had a choice. My mother made me. I had to endure so much pain because of her. You say that your sorry but manipulating me doesn't show it. I could tell him if I wanted to but it wouldn't do anything about the fact that she made me like this. She made me feel like a monster. I didnt want to feel like a monster. I didbt choose to feel like that. I never wanted to help my I uncle and be torn apart once or twice a month. I didn't want you finding out because I'd knew you'd do this. Y'know when i first met you I thought you would be different than everyone else's kids who's parents are friends with my mother but your not. I'm sorry that your having girl trouble but thats not my problem. Just leave me and sirius alone. You've already cased enough damage" she said. I heard him stumble into the door and he quickly walked out.

I walked in and she instantly wiped tears from her eyes.

"Hey y/n" I said sitting next to her.

"How long?" She questioned.

"Uh since he said he tell sirius about some secret"

"Oh"

"I don't know what your mother did but your not a monster. Your amazing. Your always there for all of us even when we're being stupid. Ok? You are the best thing in all of our life's. I need you to know that" she smiled.

"Thanks Remus"