7

~Miles, Kieran's cousin to the side ~

~Kieran's POV~

I kissed her. I kissed Poppy Mendez. And I'm really not sure if I regret it or not. The kiss was very, very enjoyable. But, I know better than to kiss a student. It's illegal for God's sake. Plus I know how skittish she is around men. 

I completely abused my position of trust and she'll probably never come near me again. I guess she didn't run ten miles, that has to be a good sign.

I bring the green beer bottle to my lips and take another swig. Drinking is something I rarely do, but today has been... interesting. Let's put it this way, I need a drink.

My head turns when I hear a knock at the door. Sighing, I stand up and make my way to the door. I pull it open to see my older cousin stood there.

"Miles? What are you doing here?" I ask, stepping to the side to let him in.

"Just wanted to come see my baby cousin" He teases and goes straight to my kitchen, presumably looking for the sweet and salty popcorn he knows I have.

"Shut up, Asshole." I say laughing. We have always been close.

When I was taken in by my aunt and uncle, Miles took me under his wing. It was him that taught me how to look after the animals and the crops. We quickly became best friends. When I moved to England, Miles came with me to get a change of scenery.

We're constantly asked if we're brothers. Both Miles and I have the same hair and facial features. We get them of our fathers who were twins.

I'm quite tall, I stand at six foot two, Miles is very tall. He stands at six foot four. Just like me, he has the same slim and lean body, but is clearly well muscled.

"I'm hurt." Miles says in a sarcastic tone, pretending to wipe a tear away from his cheek.

"Whatever. What are you really doing here?" I ask, leaning against the kitchen counter. "Come to see a new girlfriend or something?" His American charm seems to get him a lot of girls. He's one hell of a player.

"Actually, Kieran, I have." He says sticking his tongue out at me. "We've just been on a date and I was on my way home. But I was hungry." He says. I watch as his eyes flick to the beer bottle in my hand then back up to my eyes.

"What's wrong, little cousin?" He asks concerned.

"Why would anything be wrong?" I shift uncomfortably.

"You only drink when you're immensely pissed off or very stressed about something. Sit down." Miles points to the living room.

I sigh and trudge through my apartment to the sofa and sit down.

"Tell me." Instructs Miles as he places himself in the recliner, propping his feet up.

"I kissed a student." I groan, flopping my head back.

"What the fuck, Kieran!" He exclaims standing up from his comfortable position in the chair.

I forgot to mention that Miles is a Cop.

"That's illegal for crying out loud!" He says jabbing a finger in my direction.

"Don't you think I know that!" I say jumping up and staring him in the eye.

"So why did you do it then?" He asks in a slightly patronizing voice.

"Because I'm falling in love with her!" I shout angrily at Miles and then I sit down covering my face in my hands. I hadn't even admitted that to myself yet, but I fear it's true.