8

~Poppy's POV~

Slowly, my tears begin to stop and I am have time to think as Kieran continues to hold me against him.

He said he loves me. Mr Reynolds loves me. And I am so fond of him. I've known him just over a month and I feel as though I can trust him with anything. I trust Kieran more than anyone. But he's my teacher. Why is it so wrong, but feels so right?

When I was out running the other day and my father attacked me, I haven't been able to go near a single man. Not my brother, my father, Blake. No one. However, Mr Reynolds is a different story. He's always there for me. Why he took an interest in me from the beginning, I don't know. I'm so glad he did though as I have found the only person in the world I trust one hundred percent.

"You love me?" I ask in a confused manner, stepping back and looking at his emotionless eyes.

Kieran laughs and then looks at me. "Yes, Poppy, I have fallen in love with you." He confesses with a smile. "I don't expect you to love me back though. I don't expect a single thing from you." Kieran adds.

"Can I ask you a question?" I say

"Sure." Kieran nods as he sits on the table again.

"You're eyes don't show any emotion at all. You smile the brightest smile, but it never reaches your eyes. They always look so empty." I tell him carefully.

"That's not really a question, Poppy. But, after the first beating from my father, I built up walls. I didn't want to get close to anyone and I'm still like that now." Kieran stares at me dead in the eye.

"So why do you love me then, if you don't get close to people?" I ask, still a little confused.

"Because, you're special,Poppy. Me and you, we've both had a rough time and I want to help you so you don't end up like me when I was younger." Mr Reynolds points between us then looks down slightly.

"What we're you like?"

"A mess." Laughs Kieran quietly. "A big mess. And I don't want to see you like that. And as I helped you over this past month or so, I fell in love with you." Kieran smiles and I search his eyes to see if I can tell what he's thinking. Nothing. The only way I can read his emotions is through his words or body language.

Part of me wants to run and jump in his arms, the other part of me is screaming that this is illegal.

The practical side of me just isn't strong enough and step closer to him, standing on my tip toes. I lean up to him and press my lips to his.

Kieran instantly kisses me back, bringing one hand to my waist and the other to the back of my neck.

He isn't rough or demanding like Jacob always was, he's slow and gentle, but so strong at the same time. As our tongues invade each others mouths, he keeps at the same steady pace. All he does is press me closer to his body.

When we have to stop for air, he keeps his forehead against my own and strokes my cheek with his thumb.

I watch as a large smile spreads over his face and his empty eyes bore in to mine. "What?" I ask, snaking my hands around his waist.

"You're just so beautiful, Poppy." Kieran whispers and I smile like an idiot.

No guy has ever called be beautiful. It's always fit, or hot. Being called beautiful makes me feel special.

"It's a good job that you don't have a class next period, or we'd both be in a lot of trouble." I chuckle against his chest, but making no move to move.

In his arms, I feel safe from the world. We have known each other for just over a month, and the bond we have formed is pretty extraordinary. I haven't trusted anyone more than him since I was taken from my family. Not even the Mendez family. I have no idea what it is about Keiran, but I really do trust him.