22

~Four months later~

~Poppy's POV~

"I can't believe that my baby girl is graduating." My mum wipes the tears forming in her eyes as she smiles at me.

I turn and look in the mirror. I'm wearing a blue dress that goes half way down my thigh and some nice heels. My hair is in its natural wavy state.

The only thing I can think about is that after today, I will finally be allowed to be with Kieran. We've been secretly dating for nearly seven months.

He still treats me like a queen. Showering me in affection and always treating me go days out far away. We don't argue. Actually, that's a lie. We argue on who gets the last Oreo.

I seem to be spending more and more time at his house. We curl up on the sofa watching top gear or we're curled up in bed after we make love.

I've got used  to Miles being around a lot. We've become quite close ,and I realised that he has the same good heart as Kieran.

"We should probably go down to the school soon." I say as I glance at the time on my phone. I see my mum nod out the corner of my eye.

I pick up my graduation robes and hat then I make my way downstairs.

Today is my last day of  school. I'll be going to university though to study Zoology. But it's my last day of high school.

I come in to the kitchen and my dad stands there with the proudest smile on his face. He comes forward and gives me a hug.

"I'm so proud of you, Poppy." I kiss his cheek.

"Are you ready to go?" Asks my mother.

"Yes, I am." I take a deep breath, slip my robes on and start to make it towards the front door.

                                                    ****
We arrive at the school ten  minutes later and I spot Aria with her brothers. She has her robes on to. I sneak up behind her and shout boo in her ear.

Aria jumps and turns around with a scared expression on her face. When she sees that it's me, she laughs and wraps her arms around me.

"Poppy! Oh my God, can you believe it's our last day." She squeals in my ear and I recoil from the sudden noise.

"I know, this year has gone by so fast." That's a lie. This year has gone by so slow as I wait for the day I can be with Kieran and it won't be illegal.

"Where's your parents?" I ask, looking around for them.

"Mum left her purse, dad drove her home to go and get it, they'll be back in two minutes."

"Okay. I need to go back to my parents, I'll catch you in a bit." I wave to her and to her brothers before turning away and walking back to my mum.

"Ahh, Poppy. We're getting ready to go in to the main hall soon." My mother says as she starts to walk in the direction that many others are.

We all enter the hall, but parents sit on one side of the perfectly lined chairs while students sit on the other. I'm sat next to Blair and Aria. Some students have tears in their eyes, while others can't wait to get out of here.

I readjust my hat and make sure that my tassel is on the right side of it. I look around the hall and I find Kieran's eyes are already on me. He's sat along the side against the walls with the other teachers. He sends a small wink in my direction, careful to not get caught.

"Welcome, Everybody." A voice booms through out the hall and we all turn to attention. The head teacher is stood on the stage. "Today we will be celebrating the graduation of the Year Thirteens."