28

~ Keiran's POV~

We find an area of flat land near the herd to spend the night. It's in the forest so it will provide shelter from the sun and there is grass for the horses to eat. A fast stream of fresh water flows through our chosen campsite, granting us water to drink.

I slide off Apollo's back and lean against him, my ass aching so bad. Poppy dismounts Simba and comes up to me.

"Keiran, my arse hurts." She laughs and leans against my chest. I laugh with her and snake my arms around her waist. I smirk at her as I slip my hand in the back pocket of her tight jeans.

She stands on her tip toes, pressing her soft, luscious lips to my own. Poppy doesn't deepen the kiss, but she pulls away reluctantly. "We need to tend to the horses." She bites her lip. I lean down to her petite height and kiss her forehead.

I pull away and turn back to Apollo. Lifting up the side of his saddle, I release the buckels of his girth and he breathes out. Taking hold of the heavy black saddle and the red blanket, I slide it gently off of his back then place it on a low level tree branch.

I move round to his head and unbuckle the throat latch on his bridle and slowly coax it off his head, allowing the bit to fall in to my palm. I leave his rope halter on that was already under his bridle then let him be to graze.

Poppy does the same with Simba. Once she's frees him to graze, he instantly goes next to Apollo. Poppy and I move out the way as the others let their horses go and they form a herd together.

"I don't know about anyone else, but I'm knackered and boiling." Says Miles as he pulls his shirt off and throws it over his saddle. He lies down in the grass about twenty metres from the horses and pulls his hat over his eyes.

All the ranch hands take their shirt off too and their boots. They go and sit with their aching feet in the stream.

I growl slightly as Poppy watches the young men run around shirtless. She looks up at me and laughs.

"You know I only have eyes for you." She tells me reassuringly and she presses herself against me, her eyes on my mouth. I place one hand on her cheek and pull her up to me so that I can kiss her.

"Who's going to help me make a fire?" Shouts my Uncle across the site. The ranch hands just look at him with no desire to take their feet out the water and put their boots back on. And Miles ignores him completely, still sleeping in the tall grass, his face hidden by his hat.

Poppy laughs at their laziness. "Keiran and I will help, Stefan." She moves towards him then stops and turn to the ranch hands.

"You guys spend all day working on a ranch and you can't help build a fire." She scolds them playfully and they all laugh.

"That's you guys told." Stefan chuckles and I move next to Poppy, placing my arm around her shoulders.

"Come on, guys, let's get to work." Says Stefan, still smiling at Poppy telling his ranch hands off.

****

I hold Poppy in my side as we watch the flickering fire. It's now dark and the fire shines brightly in the middle of the circle we have formed around it.

My Uncle and Aunt are sat opposite us, chatting happily. Miles is talking with three of the ranch hands, Tim, Max and Ben. I notice that he keeps glancing over to the other side of the fire agitated.

I turn my attention to where his seems to be. I find that Alissa is talking closely with Ryan. She's laughing at what he has to say and he is watching her intently.