12

"Fuck!" I jump and just about end up on Kieran's lap. The pizza nearly flys everywhere, but Kieran catches it laughing.

We're watching 'The Clown' and I hate clowns. Kieran places the pizza on the floor.

"Why did you pick this film if you hate clowns?" Kieran asks with a shake of his head.

"Because it's the only film I haven't watched on the Sky Store. CRAP!" I shout as the clown makes another reappearance. 

"I do love you, Poppy." He says as I hide my face in his shirt. "What scares you about clowns?" He asks.

"They're not normal." I mumble and all he does is laugh.

I spend the remainder of the film peeking at the TV and am slightly relieved when the film ends.

I look at my phone and it reads 8:17pm.

"I should probably go." I sigh and pick up the pizza box that has a few remaining slices and crusts in it, I go through to the kitchen and put it on the work surface.

I know that I'm eighteen, but my mum does worry about me and I've got some science report to finish.

"I'll drive you." Kieran insists. Always the gentleman.

"What if someone sees us?"

"That's the beauty of tinted windows, Gorgeous." Kieran runs his thumb over my cheek and kisses my forehead before going to put his shoes on.

I follow him to the door and put on my black converse I wear for school, grab my blazer and my bag then leave the apartment with Kieran.

Kieran pulls up outside my house and I lean over to give him a kiss. "I love you." I say as I kiss him.

"I love you too, Poppy." He smiles as I get out the car. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Good night, Handsome." I can feel Kieran's eyes on me as I walk up to the house. Just making sure I get in safe.

When I open the front door, I hear the white Audi drive off.

"Hey Mum! Dad!" I shout when I get inside and shut the door behind me.

"Hello, Darling, we're in here!" A reply comes back and I follow the sound in to the cozy living room.

They're watching 'A league of their own'. It's one of my favourite shows, so I take a seat next to Jason and tuck my feet under me.

"How was your day?" Asks my mother.

"It was good thank you." I grin a little as I remember being curled up next to Kieran as his strong arms wrap around me.

He doesn't expect anything from me. Kieran is perfectly happy to just sit together and talk. Maybe watch a film and eat pizza. Kissing is nice, but what's nicer is that he doesn't expect it from me.

"Do you get your homework done?" My dad asks.

"Yes, I did." I lie quickly.

"My little baby is all grown up. You're going to be graduating in four months." My mum smiles at me.

"Mum.." I whine, but actually I can't wait for graduation. That means it will be legal for Kieran and I to be together.

I'm eighteen, so I'm not a minor to him, but I am his student and Kieran could lose his job if we get caught.

I'm broken out of my trance when my phone vibrates. I reach into my blazer pocket and pull it out.

Just wanted to make sure you know how much I love you ~Kieran