11

~Blake to the side~

~ Poppy's POV ~

When I woke up this morning, I didn't feel the instant heaviness over me. Every day of my life, the moment I wake up with the feeling of fear or dread. I'm constantly scared that my father is going to turn up and I have been since the day the Mendez family adopted me.

Since Kieran came along, the constant dread has warn off a little bit. He makes me feel so safe.

It's been a week since I officially became his girlfriend, but we haven't really been able to see a lot of each other.

It's the middle of exam season which means he's always doing extra classes or marking and I'm either taking exams or studying. It's been tiring, but it's the beginning of year exams to see what our levels are. It's something that has to be done.

Today is my first art lesson since getting together with Kieran and I'm a little nervous.

When I arrive at class, Kieran is not here yet and I hurry to my place beside Aria who smiles at me when I sit down.

The three of us, Blake, Aria and I, all make small talk until Kieran walks in.

His eyes instantly scan the class room to find mine. I blush and look down, fiddling with my blazer sleeves.

"Sorry I'm a little late, Guys." Apologises Kieran before he moves to place his laptop at his desk.

I now fully appreciate his choice of outfit. He's wearing a plaid, dark blue, green and red shirt with dark blue pants and brown shoes. His tie is red.

This outfit is a little quirky and I love it. It really suits him.

"Wow, Mr Reynolds is a gift from the Gods." Aria whispers in my ear. I feel a little jealousy go through me and I just smile sweetly.

"Yes, he is." I agree.

"Okay everyone, you're projects are all in there folders on this rack." He points to the folder stand then continues to talk. "Of you go, everyone."

We all retrieve our folders and I retrieve the current part of my project. For my project I have been drawing the exact same horse each lesson, but using a different media each time. I've done pencil, pen, paint and water colours.

Today I will be using pastel. It is my last small horse, but I will then do an enlarged horse on an A2 piece. The different parts of the horse will be completed with different materials. I will have the miniature ones galloping along the bottom.

I'm so engrossed in my pastel drawing, that I don't notice Mr Reynolds looking over my shoulder until he clears his throat.

"Shit!" I shout before instantly covering my mouth and looking up at my boyfriend apologetically.

"Detention, Miss Mendez." KIEran smirks.

"What!?" I ask outraged before sighing and looking back at my art.

"That's beautiful, by the way." He comments and I blush a little. How is this God of a man mine?

He moves on to complement Aria and Blake's work.

Aria, of course, tries to flutter her eye lashes a little bit, and Blake growls a little at Mr Reynolds. Kieran chuckles a bit and so do I before he leaves our table.

****

The entire day went by relatively quickly. We had a free period, last period, so we went and sat in the canteen and talked and messed about.

When the bell goes Aria turns to me. "Come on, Poppy, let's go."

"I've got detention." I'm actually a little excited to go and see Kieran. I really do love him.

"Oh yeah, lucky. Do you want me to wait?" She asks me.

"No, go and find our brothers and make sure they get home. Jason has the dentist and he'll do everything to get out of it.

"Okay, see ya later." Aria hugs me and I tense up ever so slightly. I don't let people touch me really. Kieran is an exception. I love him. But I'm also still a little wary about him touching me.
Hey, you would be to if you'd been beaten for years.

I walk to the art department and walk in to Kieran's classroom without knocking.

"I'm here for detention." I smirk and I know Kieran can hear the sarcasm in my voice.

When he looks up and sees me, he gets up and comes up to me slowly. Softly, he takes hold of my chin and brings our lips together. The kiss is sweet and caring. Not cruel, harsh and demanding like Jacob always was with me.

"Hello, my beautiful girl." He says softly as he wraps his arms around me. I freeze at first, but relax in to him, gripping on go his shirt. His scent is so intoxicating and he makes me feel so safe.

"You look very handsome today." I say as I join my hands together around his waist.

"Thank you. But do I not look handsome every day?" Teases Kieran and I laugh gently.

"You know that you always look stunning, Kieran."I hide my face in his chest and he holds me tightly.

"You do too, you know." I scoff at his comment and step back, sitting cross legged on the table.

"I'm not kidding." He leans over me. God this man is so tall. Kieran places feathery kisses on my neck and a small groan escapes my mouth.

Slowly, I tilt my head to give him better access and he continues the enjoyable torture on my neck.

"I love you, Kieran." That's the first time I've said it first and I feel Kieran smile against the skin on my neck.

"I love you, too." Kieran responds.

A knock sounds at the door and Kieran all but jumps away from me and sits at his desk.

I scurry in to one of the seats and rub my hands over my face quickly.

"Come in." Kieran's voice is a little strangled.

It's Mr Kennedy that enters. The head teacher has just walked in to the room where a student and teacher have just been kissing.

Mr Kennedy is tall. So so tall. He has dirty blonde hair and piercing blue eyes that could cut through a wall. Scary is one word to describe him.

"Hello, Mr Kennedy. How can I help?"

I sigh and look down, hiding the blush on my cheeks.

"I was just wondering if you knew what students were taking part in the art competition?" Huffs Mr Kennedy.

"Yes I do." Kieran smiles at him briefly.

"Okay. Bye." Mr Kennedy turns and leaves. He's hardly the easiest man to maintain a conversation with and is terrifying. But he gets things done and keeps the school in tip top condition. You can't fault him on that.

"Wow... that guy scares me." Mutters Kieran and I laugh nodding. " We will be left alone now." Kieran smirks and he moves back in his chair.

"So?" I raise my eyebrows.

"Come here." Kieran points to his lap and I move over to him without question. I tuck myself under his strong arms and he continues to work around me.

"Best detention ever." I rest my head on his chest and sigh contentedly.

"Yes it is, Baby Girl." He kisses my forehead and I relax against him.

At four o'clock, Kieran shuts his laptop. "How about we go to mine for a bit. We can watch a film, have dinner. Even order Pizza of you want?" Proposes Kieran as I climb off his lap.

"Sounds good. I'll text my mum and tell her I've gone to a friends house." I take out my phone as Kieran puts his laptop away.

"Just to make sure no one sees us, shall I walk around the corner and you can pick me up there?"

"Okay, Baby." Kieran kisses my nose."I'll see you in a minute."