18

I throw my final dress to my bed from my wardrobe and shout out in frustration. I have no idea what to wear. It's times like these that I wish I could talk to Aria about things like this.

I knew that I shoud have picked out my outfit earlier, but I didn't. I've had since Monday to.

I've done my hair and make-up, I just don't know what to wear.

Knock knock. "Come in." I sigh in an exasperated tone. My door opens and my mum pops her head around.

"Everything okay in here?" She asks as she eyes the clothes strewn over my floor and bed.

"No. Kieran has asked me on a date and I don't know what to wear." I sulk like a five year old.

"Ahh, I see." My mum enters and shuts the door behind her. Then she comes over to me. Smiling, she pushes my hair behind my ear and kisses my forehead.

"You know he'll love whatever you wear. He looks at you as though you are the axis his world turns on." My mum smiles.

"But I want to look nice." I whine.

She moves behind me and picks up a short black lace dress and hands it to me. "You always look stunning in this. I'll wait outside while you put it on."

I put it on and look in the mirror at different angles, then my mum comes back in. "See, I told you it looks stunning on you."

"Are you sure?" I ask unsure.

"Positive." She goes to my wardrobe and pulls out a pair of nude heels and clutch. "Now these." She hands them to me.

I put them on and look in the mirror. I actually look really nice. My hair is curly and my make up is, more or less, on point.

"Thank you, Mum." I turn and wrap my arms around her. "I love you so much."

"I love you too, darling."

"Are you coming home tonight? Or are you staying at Kieran's?" She asks

"I don't know." I answer. "If I don't come home, I'll be at Kieran's."

I practically jump out of my skin when the door bell goes. Taking a deep breath, I walk down the stairs. I can see Kieran stood there through the glass on the door and I open it.

"Hello." I smile at him, but his eyes just widen. My heart drops to my stomach.

"What? Is something wrong?" I ask, consciously running my hands over my dress.

"You look absolutely stunning, Poppy." He leans forward and kisses my forehead, handing me the red rose I didn't realise he had hold of.

"Thank you." I blush as he takes my hand.

"I'll see you whenever, Poppy." My mum smirks, then she turns serious. "Look after her." She orders.

"Of course, Mrs Mendez." He laughs nervously.

"It's Christina, Mrs Mendez makes me feel old." She scolds him gently.

****

"Are we nearly there yet?" I whine. We've been in the car for twenty minutes and I've never been good with long journeys, especially when I'm hungry.

"Just five more minutes, Baby Girl." He chuckles at my impatience, placing a hand on my exposed thigh, rubbing his thumb gently before placing it back on the gear stick.

I can feel my thigh tingling from the contact. I love this man so, so much.

Just as Kieran had promised, five minutes later, we pull up in to the car park of a beautiful Italian restaurant. The outside is covered with vines and lanterns that flicker slightly.