21

~The handsome Kano to the side~

"You're what?" My dad slams his hand down on the island in the kitchen.

"I'm going to America for a month in August." I frown at him angrily.

"With Kieran." He adds angrily. "No! You're not going!" He crosses his arms over his chest and I mirror him.

"I'm eighteen, Dad, I can go if I want. I'm not asking, I'm telling you." My voice is raising slightly as I stare at him furiously. Who does he think he is? I'm an adult. If I want to go to America with my boyfriend, I will, whether he's my teacher or not.

"Tom, calm down. I'm not happy about this either." My mother walks up to him and places a small hand on his tensed forearm. I watch as he relaxes slightly from her touch.

"I need to go, Dad." I try to explain to him.

"And why's that?" I freeze at his question.

It's a chance for me to get a break from constantly looking out for my father. No one except Kieran knows that I was raped by him. Actually, no one even knows he's around except Kieran. But I really don't want to tell my dad this.

"Because I do." I uncross my arms and place them on my hips.

"Don't take that tone with me, Young Lady."

"Mum, Dad. I'm going to America with Kieran. I'm eighteen so you can't stop me. I was just hoping that you'd understand." I turn and stalk away up to my room.

Angrily, I sit at my desk and flick on my TV, getting up Netflix. Nothing a little Gossip Girl can't fix. I don't understand why he's so against me going to America.

Okay, maybe I do. He's my teacher and I'm his little girl, eighteen or not. But he can't stop me. I need the chance to enjoy myself for a month without constantly being in fear that my biological father is around the corner

I pick up my phone and text Kieran.

Hey, can I come back to your place please? Xxxx

It's not long that I have to wait when my phone flashes and vibrates against the wooden desk.

Of course, baby, I'll come and get you since it's raining. Xxxx

Sighing, I look outside. So it is. I hadn't notice the rain that is hammering down on my window, but I want to walk and clear my head.

No thank you, Kieran. I'd like to walk. XXX

I send back and I grab my 'Super Dry' hoodie, pulling it on and I put my phone in the pocket.

Walking down my stair case, Kano is waiting at the bottom for me. His pink floppy tongue hanging out of his mouth.

"What's up, Buddy?" I ask when I reach the bottom of the stairs, stroking him behind his ear.

I'm just about to leave when Kano starts to whimper. I go to turn around, but he's right under my feet.

"Do you want to come?" I ask him, reaching for his lead.

"I'm taking Kano for a walk." I shout to my mum, before she or my father can object, I'm out the door.

The rain instantly has me soaked so I lull my hood up and begin to walk. I don't put Kano's lead on. He's so well behaved that he wouldn't run off. He's walking very close to my side.