The Vanishing of Will Byers Part 1

A/N: Hi guys! I kind of hate this chapter but it is the first chapter I have ever written on this app. I will be following the plot with some added in scenes. Please feel free to leave comments and most of all enjoy!

After a long shift and a restless night Maddie was woken up by the loud screams of Will Byers. "Maddie! Maddie, wake up!"

"No", Maddie mumbled trying to fall back to sleep. Even though she was as stubborn as it gets Will was very determined to get what he wanted which at that moment was for Maddie to get up, get dressed, and take him to Mike's house.

After roughly five minutes of yelling at Maddie to get up Will resulted in the only option he could think off. In a matter of seconds Will moved from the doorway of the room to the bed frame. Before Maddie could react Will was already on top of her.

"Will get off me", Maddie stated with a groan. As soon as Will removed himself from the bed Maddie reluctantly stood up and got ready for the day.

Once Maddie finally came out of her room dressed and ready to go she smelled the delicious scent of eggs being made by none other than her twin brother Jonathan. "Look who finally woke up", Jonathan said with a small smirk on his face. "Did you tell him to wake me up?" Maddie asked accusingly. "Of course not", Jonathan stated with as much innocence as he could muster. "You are a dick", Maddie said grumpily.

"Madison don't call your brother that", Joyce stated from the hallway behind Maddie. "Sorry Mom", Maddie said looking down while Jonathan tried to refrain from laughing.

After eating breakfast at the table like always, Maddie got Will's bike loaded up into her car. On the weekends, Maddie usually drops Will off at Mike's house so they can play their game while Maddie does her daily routine. Will usually bikes home with Dustin and Lucas while Maddie works the night shift at the local bakery.

"Will we are ready to go!", Maddie half-screams from the doorframe of their home. "Bye Mom! Love you", they both shout in unison as they walk towards Maddie's car. "Bye guys have fun and be safe! I love you!", Joyce yelled back at her kids.

Once they arrived at the Wheeler residence Maddie helped Will get his bike out of the car. "Bye Maddie!", Will stated in a hurry trying to go inside but was stopped by Maddie grabbing his arm. "Did you really think you were going to get away without a hug", she said while opening her arms. Will smiles and quickly hugs her before running inside.

Maddie slowly follows him inside and heads directly upstairs. Maddie knocks on Nancy's door and waits patiently for her to open the door. Nancy starts shouting telling Mike to go away while Maddie stands at the door confused. She decides to knock again and this time the door was opened harshly showing an angry-faced Nancy. As soon as Nancy saw who was at the door a large smile came onto her face.

"Addie!", Nancy stated surprised, before pulling her into a hug. "Hey Nance", Maddie said happily reciprocating the hug. "What are you doing here?", Nancy questioned. "We had a study session this morning for our Chemistry test that we planned a week ago", Maddie stated checking the date on the calendar uncertainly. Nancy looked very confused until she looked at the calendar and saw what she had written for her plans today. "So I guess you did completely forget about our study session. Maybe it had something to do with one of my other friends, maybe Steve Harrington?", Maddie asked with a teasing undertone. Nancy proceeded to blush which made Maddie grow a smirk. "So it was him! I knew it!", Maddie exclaimed excitingly causing Nancy to blush even harder.

Nancy proceeded to cover Maddie's mouth with her hands so her parents would not hear her. Maddie raised her eyebrows in a jokingly way causing Nancy to smile and remove her hands from Maddie's mouth. "So how is Stevie doing?", Maddie asked Nancy. "He's amazing!", Nancy said dreamily causing Maddie to roll her eyes. "We actually have plans soon", Nancy mumbled quietly still embarrassed from forgetting their study session. "Wow I never thought my own bestfriend would kick me out of her house for some arrogant, cocky, man-child with bad hair, but I guess it happens", Maddie sarcastically stated with a smirk. "Addie this "man-child with bad hair" is one of your closest friends", Nancy said with a smirk on her face.

"Which is exactly why I am giving you a summary of his personality traits, to warn you", Maddie stated with a cheeky smile causing both of them to start laughing. "Fine, I'll leave but if you do not call me on time at the bakery tonight like always I'm going to the police and I'm bringing my gun", Maddie said as she starts leaving the room. "Addie!", Nancy yelled after her with a smile gracing her face.

On her way out to her car she hears a loud noise coming from the kitchen. At first she tried to convince herself that it is only Mrs. Wheeler, but curiosity got the best of her causing her to start walking towards the kitchen. The closer she gets the more she could hear mumbling. She finally peeked around the corner to see four devils ransacking the kitchen, stealing all of the food Mrs. Wheeler just bought. "What are you guys doing?" Maddie questioned causing all of the boys to jump and scream. "We were just-", Lucas started. "We were only-", Dustin followed. "Making some food-", Will stated. "For you and Nancy", Mike finished with a smile.

"Me and Nancy?", Maddie asked with a smirk. There was a chorus of "yeah" and "totally" being said by all four boys. "You boys are terrible liars", Maddie stated making the boys go pale in the face.

"I won't tell Mrs. Wheeler," Maddie started making the boys breathe out a breath of relief. "If," Maddie said moving her hands out from behind her back making the boys suck in the breath that was just released. "You boys figure out how to fix my walkie-talkie.", Maddie stated with a genuine smile making all four of the boys smile. "I can fix it for you!", Dustin said rushing to take the walkie from her hands.

"Okay, I guess we have a deal then", Maddie stated with a smile. "Have fun and make sure you all get enough sleep. You boys have school tomorrow", Maddie said. "Okay Mom. We'll see you later with a new and improved walkie-talkie" Dustin stated sarcastically while Maddie chuckled briefly before walking out of the Wheeler residence.