Papa Part 2

Everybody looked at each other without saying a word. "You're not going in as bait", Maddie stated with a stern look on her face.

Max snapped her head to the girl. "What?", Max questioned the teen. "You are not going in as bait", Maddie told the girl simply.

"You can't tell me what to do", Max replied annoyed. "Watch me", Maddie answered. "I'll go in and distract Vecna while you kill him. I only need one person to come with me to play my music and that's it", Maddie added.

"You are not my mother", Max snapped at the teen. "Sorry I'm trying to look out for you", Maddie snapped back.

"I don't need you to look out for me", Max answered back. "So sorry I'm the only fucking person who is trying to keep you safe. I don't see anyone else doing it", Maddie told the girl while referring to the rest of the group who refused to make eye contact with the girl.

"I will be fine. Lucas will help me. I trust him", Max said. "Oh, so now you don't trust me?", Maddie asked pissed off.

"Just stop, okay! You can't just walk around here saying that your going to protect everyone all the time! Obviously it's not true!", Max yelled out.

"What the hell does that mean?", Maddie questioned. "How many people have to be injured or die before you realize that you are not able to protect us", Max stated.

She then added, "Bob died because you weren't there. Heather died because you were to jealous to realize what was going on. Hopper died because you weren't there. And Billy died because you were too weak to protect him". 

Everybody looked to the red head with either shock or anger. Maddie stared at the girl with shock, anger, and hurt present in her eyes.

Max looked to Maddie while her mouth fell open, finally realizing what she had actually said. "Maddie...", Max started to state before Maddie turned to the rest of the group with tears in her eyes.

"Where are we getting the supplies?", Maddie asked. Eddie quickly got up before grabbing a newspaper. Maddie walked towards him while he sat the newspaper down on the table.

Maddie looked at the newspaper while writing down the address. "I'll meet you there", Maddie said shortly before exiting the trailer.

"Addie! Addie!", Nancy and Robin shout while walking after Maddie. "Addie, where are you going?", Nancy questioned. "Anywhere but here. I'll see you later", Maddie stated while walking further away while tears ran down her face. 

After around twenty minutes of walking, Maddie had no more tears left to shed. All she wanted to do was help protect Max.

And she couldn't even do that. Maybe Max was right, maybe she should just stay away. They would probably be better off.

"No, screw that. I'll be there no matter what. I don't care whether or not they want me there", Maddie muttered to herself.

She finally stopped walking when she saw an empty car parked on the side of the road. Maddie thought about the consequences before opening the door. She quickly got to work on hot wiring the car.

Once the car finally started Maddie mumbled a quick, "Thank you for the lessons Hop", while smiling sadly.

Maddie heard loud yells come from the woods causing her to look towards the source to find a teenage boy running towards her. "Shit", Maddie said while pulling the car out onto the road.

She let out a sigh of relief while looking in her rear view. Maddie saw a boy with blonde hair wearing what looked like a varsity jacket.