The Vanishing of Will Byers Part 2

A/N: I'm really thankful for everybody who have already read my story even with only two parts uploaded. Most people would not read the story unless there were a certain amount of chapters already on it. I have dedicated the past two chapters including this one to show how Maddie's relationships with the characters are and I plan on returning back to the actual plot in the next chapter. As always please feel free to comment and please enjoy!

After leaving the Wheeler residence Maddie's first stop was to the grocery store. She had to go shopping for butterscotch ice cream which is pretty hard to find. Butterscotch ice cream was a very demanding order coming from a very demanding young lady.

Maddie made a small bet with a very smart nine-year-old by the name of Erica Sinclair. At the time the bet was simple and harmless. This was before Maddie learned the wrath of Erica Sinclair. Maddie bet that Erica wouldn't be able to eat a whole carton of ice cream in one setting and told her that if she did it she would go buy her three big tubs of her choosing. Sadly Erica was feeling hungry that day causing Maddie to loose the bet.

"Hi Mrs. Sinclair I just wanted to drop off this for Erica", Maddie stated kindly. "Sure, come on in", Mrs. Sinclair said a bit confused. Once Maddie went in she went directly to Erica's room and knocked. When Erica opened the door her face went from glum to delighted. "Hey Smartie", Maddie said with a small smile. "I have your delivery of three tubs of butterscotch ice cream which is not easy to find by the way". "It was nice doing business with you", Erica stated before giving Maddie a short hug before going back into her room. Maddie had one more stop to make before heading into work.

After stopping to get around a dozen donuts Maddie was finally on her way to the police station. Even though some people find this situation weird, Maddie has made it her mission to bring Jim Hopper a dozen donuts every day. She has been doing this to repay a non-existent debt from when he taught her how to shoot a gun and protect herself. He has been more of a father figure to her than her actual father.

"Hey Flo", Maddie said tenderly. "Hey honey, he is in his office right now", Flo stated causing Maddie to nod in thanks and make her way to the biggest office in the building. Maddie knocks on the large door before peeking her head through. "Hey Mads", Hopper said with a small smile. "Hi Hop, I brought your favorite", Maddie said with a cheeky smile. "You need to stop bringing me so much of these before I really start gaining weight", Hopper said with a small chuckle. "You'll always look perfect in my eyes Hop", Maddie said in a teasing tone causing Hopper to roll his eyes.

"I wish I could stay longer but I had to deliver a very scary nine-year-old ice cream and I need to head to work before I'm late", Maddie said causing them both to chuckle. "Bye Mads, have a good shift", Hopper stated before giving her a genuine smile.

Shortly after arriving at the bakery the number of customers declined greatly causing her to make some treats to bring home to her family. Tonight she planned on making Reece's Pieces cookies which were Will's favorite so he could enjoy them tomorrow morning. Just as she started mixing her ingredients the phone rang.

"Hello", Maddie said in a overly happy voice. "Hey Addie", Nancy responded. "Well if it isn't my favorite Wheeler woman", Maddie stated in a humorous tone. "Haha very funny Addie, but I have so much to tell you about Steve", Nancy said in a dreamy tone. "Please skip the graphic content or was that the whole story?", Maddie questioned with a smirk. "Addie!", Nancy exclaimed embarrassed. Just after this the bell rang signaling that Maddie had a customer. "Hold on Nance", Maddie stated before turning around to face the counter. "Ah if it isn't the man of tonight's discussion", Maddie said sarcastically after seeing Steve at her counter.

"Sorry Nance but I'll hear what happened from Steve and we'll talk about it tomorrow at school. Bye, I love you!", Maddie stated hurriedly trying to get the gossip out of Steve. "Wait Addie-", Nancy started before Maddie said "Love you!" before hanging up. 

When she finally turned around to face Steve again he gave her a fake scared look. She responded by looking at him and stating in extremely girly voice, "Tell me everything Stevie!".

After Steve left she finally was able to pull her cookies out of the oven and get ready to close up. She neatly wrapped her cookies up in a container so they would transport home easily. Once she got home she left the cookies with a note on them that read "Made these beauties tonight. Hope you enjoy them. P.S. They are Reece's Pieces just for you Will!". Little did she know Will did not return to their house that night.