The Hellfire Club

Dear diary,

It's been a few months since I've moved away from Hawkins. My Mom has insisted that I write in this diary at least once a week to "express me feelings". I personally think it's a bunch of bullshit, but it's better than paying for therapy.

I've maintained a regular call schedule with my friends and so far I haven't missed one call. On Mondays I call Max and Mike. On Tuesdays I call Dustin and Lucas. On Wednesdays I call Steve and Robin. And on Thursdays I call Nancy and Erica. The other three days are available for anyone to call yet they never really do. The only person who calls more than once a week is Max.

Max tries to talk to me about her mental health but she always leaves out major details. In return I also have shared my difficulties with Billy's death minus a few other details.

Mom works from home and "loves her job". Will has spent his time painting a large canvas which he won't share with anyone including me. We rarely talk anymore except for small talk. He does still come to me when he has problems but apparently he is "perfectly fine".

Eleven has settled in relatively well. She spends most of her time writing to Mike. When she isn't writing she is usually doing school work. I usually help her with her grammar but overall she is a quick learner.

Jonathan has had a rough go moving here. Without Nancy he is like a lost puppy. He smokes weed multiple times a day with Argyle who is his best friend. Argyle is very "cool and laid back", but Jonathan is never not high anymore.

As for me, I'm still alive. I've been working through some gruesome nightmares. These nightmares make me wake up screaming with sweat covering my body. My mom comes into make sure I'm alright followed by either Jonathan or Eleven. After assuring them that I am okay they reluctantly leave.

I try to bury my real feelings but the only thing that has helped at all is music. I listen to "Should I Stay or Should I Go" by The Clash on repeat all day, every day. I also take Tylenol like it's candy to cope with the migraines I have been having lately.

If I have to truly admit what I feel, it is anger and sadness. Anger because I couldn't save them and sadness because whenever I close my eyes I see Billy being brutally murdered while I couldn't save him. And then I think about how Hopper died in a large fire and I can't tell anyone that these two men risked their life to save me and my friends, my family. I will always love you Bills and Hop, always.

Sincerely,

Maddie

Maddie quickly put her diary down while she heard a loud engine in her driveway. Maddie quickly exited her room and went into the kitchen.

She quickly grabbed two Tylenols before waving towards her mom. Joyce waved back with a smile causing Maddie to give a fake smile back.

Maddie quickly put her headphones on before exiting the door. She jumped in the back of Argyle's van not muttering a word.

Maddie decided to walk in with Eleven and Will after seeing Eleven's nervous look. Maddie walked in the middle of her two younger siblings.

Even though Maddie's height fit the profile for a freshman student, her face resembled any normal eighteen-year-old, almost nineteen.

Maddie watched as Eleven waved to a girl who was waving back. The girl quickly passed Eleven before walking into to her friends behind the three teens. Maddie squeezed Eleven's arm in a reassuring way before heading to class.

After a long day of school, Maddie quickly exited the building only to find a large group of students gathered in a circle around the courtyard. Maddie was about to put her headphones back on before she heard a familiar scream.

Maddie quickly ran to the front of the group to see a smashed diorama on the ground and an angry looking Eleven looking at your typical blonde bitch. Eleven had her arm out like she was trying to use her powers.

Maddie hurriedly went towards Eleven while standing in front of her. She gave Eleven the best smile she could muster before turning towards the blonde bitch.

"Listen, I don't know who you are and I don't care. Leave her alone or else she won't be your only problem. Got it?", Maddie questioned intimidatingly causing Angela to drop her nasty face for only a minute.

Maddie smiled at the small hint of fear before one of Eleven's teachers approached the girl. Maddie zoned out while she watched Angela be escorted out by the same teacher. Maddie quickly helped Eleven and Will pick up Eleven's project before heading back to Argyle's van.

Maddie was finally home and just finished her call with Max. She quickly dialed Mike's number before waiting for a response.

"Hello?", Mrs. Wheeler asked from the other side of the phone. "Hi Mrs. Wheeler. I was just wondering if Mike was there?", Maddie questioned back in a overly nice tone.

Mike was quickly put on the phone. "Hey, Mikey", Maddie said. "Hey, Maddie", Mike sighed back.

"Everything okay?", Maddie asked concerned. "Yeah, it's just Lucas. He's being a dick", Mike stated angrily. "Why?", Maddie questioned confused.

"He keeps ditching Hellfire! For basketball, freaking basketball!", Mike shouted through the phone. "Did he explain himself at all?", Maddie asked.

"He said he doesn't want to be bullied anymore but he has been on the bench every game this season but this last one", Mike said.

"Give him time. He will see what he is missing", Maddie told Mike softly. "Okay", Mike sighed out.

"You've got to get to bed. You have an early flight tomorrow", Maddie reminded Mike. "I know", Mike grumbled out.

"Promise me something Mikey", Maddie started before adding, "Please take care of my family when I'm gone. They really need you, all of them". "I promise", Mike said. "Okay good night Mikey", Maddie stated hearing a short "good night" in return.

Maddie quickly hung up the phone before walking towards her bedroom. She quickly peeked her head into Will's room seeing him asleep. She applied a quick kiss to his forehead before walking to Eleven's room and doing the same.

Maddie went directly to her room after stopping to check on Jonathan and Joyce. She quickly brushed her teeth and hair before putting her pajamas on. Maddie closed her eyes hoping to get some sleep before her flight tomorrow.

A/N: Sorry this chapter kinda sucks! It was mostly a filler chapter. Please feel free to comment, I would love to hear your opinions! As always I hope you enjoyed and don't forget to vote. Love from the author, over and out!