Dear Billy Part 2

Maddie looked towards Max before grabbing the walkie-talkie that was left on the table. Max met her eyes and gave her a small nod.

"If we go to East Hawkins, Will this still reach Pennhurst?", Max questioned the boys. "Of course. Yeah", Dustin answered.

"Wait why are we talking about East Hawkins?", Steve asked the two girls. Maddie stared back at Steve who finally realized what was happening.

"No. No. No!", Steve stated. Maddie and Max looked at each other before grabbing their things and walking out of the basement followed by an angry Steve. 

"Max, Maddie. Seriously. Seriously, I'm not joking okay. I'm not driving you guys anywhere", Steve told the girls.

"Steve, if you think we're going to spend what is likely the last day of our lives in the armpit that is Mike Wheeler's basement, then you're out of your mind", Max started.

"So either take us where we need to go or you're gonna have to tie us down, which is technically kidnapping", Maddie added before looking at Max. "Of a minor", Maddie said pointing at the red head.

"And if we live to see another day, Steve, I swear to God, we will prosecute. Open the door", Max stated pulling at the locked door.

"Uh, no", Steve replied. "I know a good lawyer", Max said with a glare. Steve stared at the two girls who did not back down. After a quick stare down Steve scoffed before getting his keys out.

"Henderson, that super walkie of yours better reach Pennhurst", Steve stated getting into the car. Maddie and Max both start to get into the car before stopping.

Maddie heard a distant clock chiming causing her to look at Max who was already looking at her. With one final look Maddie got into the car. 

"Alright, this better be fast, Mayfield", Steve told the girl who responded with, "Twenty seconds", before getting out of the car.

After a moment alone in the car with the boys, who were constantly starring at her, Maddie got out of the car. "Where are you going?", Steve questioned.

"I need a minute", Maddie replied while walking away. "You can't just walk out there all by yourself", Dustin told the girl. "Twenty seconds", Maddie said while walking away causing the boys to roll their eyes.

Maddie was walking around the small neighborhood, trying to clear her head, when she saw a glimpse of brown hair. Maddie followed the figure to the back of a trailer, curiously, before stumbling onto a woman with her back turned away from the teen.

"Hello?", Maddie asked. The woman turned around revealing a nervous looking Joyce. "Mom?", Maddie questioned. "Hey sweetie", Joyce replied. 

"Mom, what are you doing here? Where's Jon and Will and El? What about Mike?", Maddie asked. "They're all here honey", Joyce stated lightly. "We needed a break from California and thought we would surprise you", Joyce added with a smile.

Maddie sighed before moving my forward to hug Joyce. "You have no idea how much I needed this right now", Maddie told her mom before hearing a voice from behind her.

The girl turned to find Jonathan, Will, Mike, and Eleven standing there with smiles. Maddie smiled back and grabbed them all in for a group hug. "I just needed you guys to know that I love you all so much", Maddie said with tears running down her face.

"It's okay Mads", Jonathan told the girl while pulling her into a separate hug. Maddie cried into his chest while Jonathan continued to whisper comforting words into her ear.