The Massacre at Hawkins Lab Part 1

Maddie was really regretting the fact that she didn't keep her shirt on. It was freezing cold in the water and it wasn't any warmer in the Upside Down.

"Shit", Maddie said while shivering slightly. The girl looked around trying to find Steve. She heard a choking noise coming from behind her.

Maddie quickly ran to the noise finding three bat-like creatures attacking Steve. She quickly grabbed the oar that was left abandoned next to Steve before swinging it at the bat-like creatures.

"Come on!", Maddie yelled out while hitting the creatures with the oar. She managed to get one off of Steve, before she heard a loud shout from behind her.

"Addie!", Nancy yelled. Maddie turned around causing her to loose focus on what she was trying to do. "Behind you!", Robin shouted.

Maddie turned only to be impaled in the stomach by one of the creatures. Nancy and Robin quickly hit the monster that was latched onto Maddie while Eddie worked on the one choking Steve.

After a minute of fighting the creature, Nancy and Robin managed to rip the monster off of Maddie. They quickly killed the beast before looking towards the boys who also just finished killing their own monsters.

"Ow!", Maddie exclaimed annoyed. "Are you guys okay?", Nancy questioned the teens. "Well, they took about a pound of flesh. But other than that, yeah, never better", Steve responded before looking towards Maddie.

"Where's your shirt?", Steve asked the girl. "I took it off before diving in after your dumbass. I didn't want to ruin one of Nance's grandma sweaters", Maddie stated with a teasing undertone while Nancy rolled her eyes with a small smile. 

"Uh, do you guys think these bats have, like, rabies?", Robin questioned the group. "What?", Steve responded.

"It's just that rabies are, like, my number one greatest fear. And I think we should get you two to a doctor like really soon because once the symptoms set in, it's too late. You're already like dead", Robin finished causing Maddie to chuckle slightly while wiping the blood away from her wound.

The teens heard a loud screech from behind them causing them all to turn around. They saw more bats approaching causing Maddie to stand in front of the group in a defensive way.

The bats quickly landed near the gate causing the teens to look on in worry. "All right. There's not that many. We can take them. Right?", Steve said while the bats hissed loudly at the group.

There was more loud screeching being heard causing the teens to look up to the sky. There were hundreds of these bats flying high waiting for their queue. "You were saying?", Robin asked Steve sarcastically.

"The woods. Come on", Nancy stated while running towards the woods while the four other teens followed behind her. 

The teens finally made it to a place in the woods that was a good enough cover from the bats flying high in the sky.

Once the bats flew past them, Robin spoke up, "Okay, that was close". "Yeah, too close", Eddie added while panting. Steve grunted out in pain before falling to the ground.

Maddie, who was right next to Steve landed right next to him holding back her own groan. "Jesus", Nancy said while looking at Steve. "I'm fine. I'm fine", Steve responded.

"Stevie", Maddie warned lightly causing the boy to roll his eyes slightly. "No, no, no. You're not. You're loosing blood. Come on sit, all right?", Nancy told the boy.

"But Addie is loosing blood too!", Steve whined out like a child causing Maddie to shoot him an annoyed look. "Addie", Nancy sighed out. "It's not even bad Nance. I've had worse", Maddie replied.

Robin looked at the two teens' wounds causing her to look completely disgusted. "So the good news is I'm pretty sure wooziness is not a common symptom of rabies. But if you guys start to have hallucinations or muscle spasms or one of you start feeling aggressive, like you wanna punch me or something, you should totally let me know okay", Robin rambled out.

"Robin", Steve stated simply. "Yeah?", Robin questioned. "I kind of want to punch you", Steve responded causing Maddie to chuckle.

"Sense of humor's still intact. That's a good sign", Robin said with a small laugh. Nancy went to work on Steve's wound while looking towards Maddie. Nancy quickly instructed Robin how to treat Maddie's wound  properly.

Robin got to work and patched Maddie's wound up. "Thanks, Ro", Maddie stated with a genuine smile. Before Robin could reply Eddie came back into the cave. 

"So, uh, this place is like Hawkins, but with monsters and nasty shit?", Eddie asked. "Pretty much", Nancy replied.

Before Eddie could take another step, Maddie and Nancy both said, "Watch out for the vines". "It's all a hive mind", Nancy added.

"It's all a what?", Eddie questioned confused. "All the creepy crawlies around here, dude. They're, like, one or something. You step on a vine, and you're stepping on a bat, and you're stepping on Vecna", Steve explained.

"Shit", Eddie stated. "But everything from our world is still here, right? Except people, obviously?", Robin asked. "As far as we know", Maddie responded.

"So, theoretically, we could go to the police station and steal guns and grenades and whatever we need to blow up those bat things that are guarding the gate", Robin said.

"I highly doubt the Hawkins PD has grenades, Robin. But guns, yeah, sure", Steve stated. "Well we don't have to go all the way downtown for guns. I have guns in my bedroom", Nancy said quickly.

"You, Nancy Wheeler, have guns, plural, in your bedroom?", Eddie questioned. "You should see what else she has", Maddie stated winking at Nancy teasingly. "Addie!", Nancy shouted in a scolding tone.

"You're room is loaded with guns", Nancy added. Eddie then looked towards Maddie with a questionable look on his face. "I like feeling safe", Maddie mumbled out before Robin saved her by saying, "Full of surprises, aren't they?".

"A Russian Makarov and a revolver", Nancy stated. "Yeah, you guys almost shot me with that one", Steve said. "You almost deserved it", Nancy replied while Maddie smiled.

"For your modesty, dude", Eddie stated before tossing Steve a jacket. All of the sudden the whole ground started to shake. Steve grabbed a hold of Maddie and Nancy while trying to hold them steady. After a couple of minutes, the ground stopped shaking. 

"Yeah so guns seem like a pretty good idea to me", Eddie said while Robin added a quick, "Yeah, me too".

"So what are we waiting for?", Steve asked before starting to walk away. Maddie made eye contact with Nancy before following Steve farther into the woods. 

A/N: Hey guys! I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to upload yesterday, it was a very hectic day! Please feel free to comment, I would love to hear your thoughts and opinions! As always I hope you enjoyed and don't forget to vote. Love from the author, over and out!