Ch. 3: Magic Is Real?!

After running through the doorway, Luz found herself in a completely new place. It looked like some sort of tent with a lot of random stuff around, some varying from old junk to stuff she had never seen before. Still, in a completely new place with no information, Luz aimed her uzi around as she was on guard.
'Where did that weird owl go?' Luz thought as she moved slowly, her senses sharp for anything or anyone that got the jump on her.
"Finally! You're back." A voice called out.
Luz turned around, seeing someone standing outside of the tent, completely unaware of her inside of the tent. Moving towards the voice, Luz saw that the owl had returned to a master of sorts as it was perched on the hand of an old woman. She took the owl and screwed it onto a stick., somehow making it into a wooden carved owl.
"Now let's see what you've brought with you."
The old woman opened Luz's bag of money and began looking over it over, even looking over the other things she had inside of it. This would not stand.
'Oh hell no.' Luz thought.
She marched out there and took her bag back.
"Thank you for finding MY bag and MY money." Luz said firmly thought her mask.
"YOUR money?" the woman said as she turned to Luz, suddenly surprised by her get up. "What in Titan's name are you wearing?!"
"None of your god damn business." Luz said, "Now piss off, or else I unload an entire clip into your skull."
To make her point, Luz pulled out her gun to point it right at the woman as she slowly backed away from her and back into the tent. Luz aimed to head back into the strange doorway and return to her Purge night in peace before the door suddenly folded into itself and flew into the air.
"Okay, Kid, I don't know what your deal is but drop the weapon and let's talk about this rationally." The woman said as the folded door floated next to her as she held a key in her hand, which was connected to the door.
Luz didn't know what the hell was going on but somehow this woman had trapped her here and she didn't like that!
"How about I shot your knees out and watch you bleed out or you can open this door and let me go home. I got specific people to purge and limited time to do it!" Luz said to the woman, cocking her uzi.
The woman didn't look intimidated in the slightest, holding up a finger and drawing a glowing circle. The gun flashed yellow before it sudden fell apart in Luz's hand.
"Alright, here's how this goes since you're not going to willingly cooperate." She said, unamused. "I am the only one that will let you leave, which means you're stuck here, which also means, you now work for me."
"1. Hell no! 2. What the did you just do to my uzi? That was my favorite gun!" Luz said to her, taking off her mask to show her anger expression!
"Relax kid, I just need you for something." the woman said as she walked to Luz. "Besides, I can easily fix that. I just didn't need you to threaten me... because you wouldn't win that battle."
"And why is that?" Luz asked, subtly reaching for one of her hunting knives.
"Because I'm a witch with magic and you're just a human with a blood lust." She said as Luz paused. shocked by what she heard.
"Wait, did you just say you're a witch with magic? Like ACTUAL magic?" Luz asked with wide eyes.
"I just made that thing fall apart with my finger, I think that should answer that question." The woman said as she smirked, stopping before Luz and crossing her arms.
"B-B-But how?! Magic isn't real!" Luz said, reminding herself of her home.
"Maybe in YOUR dimension but this is the Demon Realm! Magic is life here." She said as she pointed to herself. "And I am one of the most power witches in this realm, Eda Clawthorne."
Eda held her hand out to greet Luz but Luz pulled out her knife, making Eda move her hand back. She could see from the look in her eyes that the human was afraid, unable to comprehend the revelation of magic, witches, and demons being real to her.
"Whoa, kid, calm down! I'm not gonna hurt you, I just said I need you for something." Eda said to Luz, holding her hands up as she took step back.
Luz didn't put the knife down, even as Eda seemed to be friendly now.
"What?" Luz asked out of curiosity.
"I need your helping in retrieving something that was taken from a friend of mine. Once I get it back to him. I'll let you go home with just the click of a button." Eda said as she showed her the key, which had an eye on it.
"And... if I refuse?" Luz asked
Eda looked annoyed. This human was asking a LOT more questions that she wants her to be.
"I sell you to a butcher, what will it be?" Eda asked Luz.
'A butcher?' Luz thought before asking an important question.
"And when you say "magic is real here" does that also mean-" Eda cut Luz off.
"Demons, fairies, and every myth that leaked to your world is here." Eda said to Luz, crossing her arms.
'Fuck.' Luz thought.
If all those things were hear, Luz was in a LOT of danger if she went out on her own. So it would be BETTER for her if she had a friendly local to look out for her.
"...What's the job?" Luz asked with a groan, slowly putting her knife away and picking up the parts of her uzi.
"Simple, you and me break into where my friend's item is held and get it back." Eda said to Luz.
"And where is that, exactly?" Luz asked as she began putting her uzi back together slowly.
"Oh, don't worry, we'll get to that." Eda said as she held up her finger. "But first."
She made a spell circle and made everything in the tent glow before floating, packing all her stuff up in a hobo sack.
"I need to bring this stuff home." Eda said as she used her staff like a stick to hold it.
Once again, Luz was left shock and scared of Eda and her magic but inside, she was a little happy to know that she was right after all these years. Magic and everything she believed in WAS real.
"Okay, let's go to your home." Luz said, her gun back in one piece.
"Good, glad you seeing things my way." Eda said as she grabbed Luz by the arm and set up her staff, the owl on top unfolding its wings. "Now let's fly."
Luz quickly put her gun in her bag and strapped it to her back before she got on the staff so Eda could fly them to wherever she needed to go. The duo flew into the air, giving Luz a chance to get a bird's eye view of the demon realm. The strange buildings, the large bones around the land, and even demonic/mythical animals that flew in the air next to them.
"Okay, this is officially the weirdest day ever." Luz said, gazing at everything in shock.
'At least I got my money.' Luz thought before seeing a griffin flying next to them.