Ch. 23: Wailing Fright Part 3

An hour later, after planning with Amity, Luz left the library to return to the owl house to gather what she needed.

'Those jerk twins are gonna learn a HARD lesson when the time comes.' She thought, opening the door to see Eda and King on the couch with the bat baby.

The former currently rocking the baby in her arms as it was sleeping in peace.

"Wow, he's a lot more calm when he's not screaming his head off." Luz said with a smirk, gaining Eda's attention.

"One more snide comment like that, and I'll have your tongue for his dinner." Eda said with a blank expression.

"It took forever to get him like this." King said with a groan.

"Well, while I'm glad that I missed all that chaos, I'm just gonna head upstairs to get some of my stuff." Luz said.

"For what?" Eda asked Luz.

"Something important at the library concerning the Wailing Star." Luz said as she walked to her room.

"The Wailing Star?" Eda asked in surprise.

"Yeah, it's going to be fun." Luz said, walking up the steps.

"How much fun?" King shouted to ask.

That turned out to be a mistake as it work up the bat baby, which then spat out two little brothers, before they started causing havoc again!

Hearing the chaos begin again, Luz ran upstairs quicker before reaching her room. She opened her storage chest and got out her uzi, her black machete, her twin hunting knives and even her purge mask.

This wasn't going to be a hunt or a murder, it was just going to be a little SCARE to teach the older Blight children a lesson they'll never forget.

'I can't tell if this will be good for me or bad for me.' Luz thought before she hid all of her weapons inside of her jacket and on her person.

Machete aligned with her spine, uzi in her left hoodie inner pocket, and her hunting knives in her right hoodie inner pocket. Her mask on the other hand, it would have to be carried all the way as Luz strapped it to her head but kept it facing the sky so Amity would be able to see her face.

'Alright, time to get back.' Luz thought before hearing a crashing sound downstairs. 'And maybe I'll leave through the window.'

One advantage of the Purge, Luz had developed her body greatly and could easily get out of a three story building through a window without hurting herself.

"This night might be fun." Luz said to herself, jumping out the window as the sun was beginning to set.

She made it to the library and waited at the left side, keeping to the shadows to make sure Edric and Emira didn't see her before Amity arrived.

'Not going to lie... I kind of did miss this. Stalking my victim, finding ways to break in, the thought of killing... no, get that thought out of your head!' Luz thought, slapping herself in the head.

She kept hitting herself in the head a bit to get out those thoughts out of her head, this was NOT about killing someone! This was just about scaring someone straight, two someones that deserved to be scared straight.

"Hey, you good?" Someone whispered, pulling Luz out of her thoughts.

Luz nearly jumped as she turned around, greeted by the grateful sight of Amity in dark clothes to help her blend into the darkness like Luz. A simply long sleeve black shirt, a short hooded cloak, black legging, and flat shoes.

"Yeah, yeah I'm good. Just lost in thought." Luz said with a nod. "Did you see your siblings leave the house?"

"I did. Had to take a shortcut to beat them here." Amity said with a low tone. "So, what's the plan?"