Ch. 10: "Fantastical" Adventure

And so, with a plan in place, the trio went on the classic fairy tale adventure quest Adegast had created for her. Eda and King would use an invisibility spell to remain out of sight while Luz was playing along and keeping her guard up.

'Honestly, how stupid does he think I am?' Luz thought as she walked with a group of "new friends" she made in the quest.

Luz had to hold herself back from groaning at how stereotypical this adventure was! Warrior bandit, friendly guardian of the bridge, fairy queen?! It was all so mushy and predictable that it almost made her vomit and wonder if there would be a dash of glitter sparkles for "wonder!" It had been the most torturous few hours of her life.

'Just a little further.' Luz thought to herself, enduring this bubblegum and lollipop nightmare.

'Yeesh, I feel bad for the kid.' Eda thought from above, still invisible with King.

Luz continued down this fairy tale path until she reached the end with her three "friends" and a plethora of jewelry "gifts" in her bag.

"We have reached the Celestial Staff!" The Fairy Queen said as she pointed ahead, seeing the staff in the middle of a large along a stone path.

"Great." Luz said through a realistic yet forced smile.

Luz waved to her "friends" before she began walking down the path to the staff, she slowly reached into her bag and pulled out all of the jewelry to subtly drop into the "water" with as she twirled with joy.

'I can't believe I'm doing this just to get rid of this stuff.' Luz thought as she reached the staff.

She pulled it out of the rock and to her absolute shock (Not), it disappeared.

"Oh no, what happened to the staff?!" Luz asked realistically yet sarcastically.

She could become a professional actress with how good she was faking this.

The staff wasn't the only thing to disappear as the entire fairy tale setting was fading away like dust in the wind, revealing a dead and barren landscape surrounded by a thick fog.

'Yeah, not surprised.' Luz thought as she slowly reached into her bag for her gun.

Eventually Adegast made himself known and greeted Luz with a friendly smile before she pulled out her uzi and pointed it him.

"What's the matter, Luz? You seem hostile." Adegast asked her in shock with his hands up.

"You can drop the act. I know you're not really a wizard." Luz said to him, glaring at him. "I know what you really are, puppeteer demon."

"I see." Adegast said before his eyes went crossed and his mouth hanging a bit. "You're smarter than you seem!"

Adegast walked out of the fog and revealed himself, showing that he was a giant squid demon and that all his tentacles were controlling her "friends" and people she meet, which were actually puppets.