Ch. 7: New Look, then Breakfast

When Luz woke up, she looked around and almost forget what was going on or where she was right now. The sound of snoring caught her attention as Luz looked down to see King still curled up at the foot of her sleeping mat.

'Guess that proves it all wasn't a dream.' Luz thought as she got up, stretching and popping some joints, before going to the window in the room.

"Day one in the demon realm. I wonder how it will be." Luz said as she looked out the window. "Well, good morning new life."

"Good morning, little girl." A large random demon say as it was floating in the sea before sinking inside the water.

"Hello, giant creature in the water." Luz said before closing the window.

'That is some freaky stuff. I'll have to get used to it.' Luz thought as she left her room.

She headed towards the bathroom of the house to get herself fresh for the day, hopefully she could use the money she brought or borrow some money from Eda to but herself some more clothes and underwear.

'What's the exchange rate for US dollars and... whatever they use here?' Luz thought.

Luz enter the surprisingly, normal bathroom and turned on the shower before she sensed someone sneaking up behind her.

"Hi, Lu-" Hotty was cut off as Luz urns around and put him in a headlock, chocking him. "HUH!"

Luz realized what was going on and let go.

"Sorry, Hooty, I just can't control myself when people sneak up on me." Luz said, rubbing her arm. "It's... a long story."

"You mean with that night of lawlessness back in the human realm?" Hooty asked her.

"You eavesdropped, didn't you?" Luz asked him, staring blankly at him.

"I did. What else can a door demon do? Hoot." Hooty said as he pulled out of the bathroom window.

"...Still not the weirdest thing I've ever seen. Here or Earth." Luz said to herself.

Luz turned back to the shower and had a long, relaxing wash. She used this as a sort of cleansing ritual to "wash" away her sins from her past purges. After she was "clean enough," Luz got out of the shower and wrapped a toweled around herself. She walked to the mirror and wiped it clean, seeing herself. Her OLD self, the one that took lives in the Purge.

"A new world, a new start." Luz said as she looked around for a razor. "It's time for a change."

She found a razor, that looked like it had teeth for blades and that Eda had for some reason, and went to work. Once she was done, Luz washed the excese hair away to reveal herself with a new, buzzed haircut.

'A new look for a new Luz.' She thought as she walked back to her room and put on her clothes. Her black hoodie, a black sleeveless shirt, dark red cargo pants, and her combat boots.

She left her body armor behind but kept her hunting knives in her pockets. This place was dangerous, she needs protection. Making her way downstairs, Luz walked into a messy kitchen to find herself something to eat. Maybe she could stomach the food if this world, even a little bit.

"You never know what doesn't kill you until you try it." Luz mumbled to herself.

She opened the fridge and looked around at the contents, finding it all strange before settling on the most normal looking one. A carton of rather large eggs.

'Wonder what sort of beast laid these?' Luz thought as she took the carton out and closed the fridge.

Heading to the stove, which was, again, surprisingly normal like back home, Luz pulled out a pan and began to make some scrambled eggs for breakfast. Maybe if she found some normal looking meats, she could make some sausage patties too. Hearing someone walk downstairs, Luz could assume it was the head of the house and greeted without even looking behind her.

"Morning, Eda." Luz said to her.

"Ugh, you're up early." Eda said with a yawn.

"Most people are if they want seize the day." Luz said as she turned to Eda, wearing a purple dress and red sweater which were very messy.

"Most people prefer to sleep in." Eda commented as she walked to the fridge. "I need a drink."

"You drink this early in the morning?" Luz asked her.

"I have a twenty year hangover and I refuse to let it go." Eda joked as she opened the fridge.

"And you'll lose your liver before you reach age..." Luz said before wondering, looking at Eda from top to bottom. "Nevermind, you should be dead by now."

"You have no idea how many times I've been told that." Eda said with a tiny smile. "But I'm still kicking."

Eda pulled out a bottle labeled "Apple Blood" and poured it into a mug before setting the bottle on the counter.

"You want some? Trust me, you'll love the taste of Apple Blood." Eda said to Luz.

Luz looked at the bottle, seeing it was full of a red liquid like thick syrup or blood. It was called Apple Blood but their was no way apples could actually bleed, at least not in her world.

"Why not?" Luz said with a shrug.

Luz had finished making the food and found some clean plates to put them on, enough for them and King.

"Hope you like your eggs scrambled." Luz said as she brought the plates to the kitchen table. "Because that's all I know how to make."

Eda took one of the plates as King came rushing into the kitchen, smelling food!

"Who cooked!? I know it wasn't Eda!" King said as he saw the eggs on the table.

"I was the one who cooked." Luz said as she got a mug from the cabinet, pouring herself some apple blood before tasting it.

She pulled back a little, finding it good but also a bit strong. VERY strong.

"Damn, this is some hard shit." Luz said, before taking another sip and smiling. "I like it."

"I thought you would." Eda said with a smirk before taking a bite of the eggs. "Hmm, not bad."

"More like great!" King shouted as he ate like an animal.

"Thanks." Luz said before she began eating herself, enjoying her cooking. "So, what do you usually do? Like a job or anything if you have one."

"Well, aside from the human treasure stand I run in the market." Eda said as she tapped her chin.

"That you get from human garbage." King commented, pulling away from his eggs a bit.

"Shut it." Eda said, pointing her fork at him before looking back to Luz. "Anyway, aside from that, I make and sell various potions and elixirs around town. And since you'll be living here from now on, you'll have to work with me to earn your stay."

"So, I just delivery the bottles? Sounds easy enough." Luz said, beginning to feel lite headed from the apple blood.

"Good, keep that mind set, but be warned. I have enemies everywhere and they'll stop at nothing to take down my business." Eda said to Luz.

"I'll be fine. I've got a sixth sense for trouble." Luz said as she ate more of her eggs, looking down at them. "By the way, what kind of eggs did I scramble exactly?"

"These? They're griffin eggs." Eda said as she put some salt on hers.

'They have griffin's here?' Luz thought in surprise, looking back to Eda then back at her eggs.

A few seconds passed before Luz went back to eating her eggs and thought about what other magic animals were in this dimension.

'Can't wait to find out.' Luz thought with a small smile.