Ch. 24: Wailing Fright Part 4

The twins were walking through the shelves when they heard the sound of... hooves?

"What's that?" Edric asked.

The two looked around and saw a long leg step out from behind a shelf, making the twins hold onto each other.

"T-t-that's not real." Emira said, pointing up to it.

"Y-y-yeah, they're banished." Edric said, shaking behind his sister.

A head, attached to a long neck, popped out from the shelf.

The giraffe turned with a head tilt towards the duo, wondering why it was here and how it got here.

"O-o-okay, let's just... slowly back away-"

The giraffe screeched at them, opening its face and making them scream in terror, while showing Luz what a giraffe actually looks like before they were banished to the human realm.

"Well, I'm never going to the zoo again." Luz whispered, wide eyes under her mask.

The twins took off running from the giraffe as it chased them, leaving Luz and Amity to watch from above in the shelves.

"It's even worse than the book said it was." Amity whispered as she watched her siblings run.

"Yes...yes it is...and this is more amusing that I thought it would be." Luz whispered.

Amity couldn't see it but Luz was smiling under her mask, enjoying the sight of the twins running away in fear.

'And the fear has just begun.' She thought.

"Alright, Amity, you know more about their fears than I do, what else are they scared of?" Luz whispered to her.

Amity smiled widely at this, making Luz somewhat shiver at the sight of it.....in a good way.

"Oh I know many." Amity whispered with a nod.

Meanwhile with the twins, they were currently breathing heavily as they hid in another part of the library.

"Okay... I think... I think we lost it." Edric whispered.

"G-Good." Emira said, catching her breath. "How that heck is that thing even here? We never opened a book about giraffes!"

"I don't know...maybe one fell off the shelves? We're the only two people here. Who would work this late aside from Mittens?" Edric asked.

"Mittens...wait! You don't think Mittens did that, do you?" Emira asked in silent shock.

"No, she's too much of a goodie two shoes." Edric said, denying this.

Really thinking about it, they could see that Amity didn't have it in her to do this. But if it wasn't Mittens doing this, then who was do this?

They didn't have much time to think about it, as Luz and Amity watched them from above the shelf. The human girl had a new book in hand as she closed the giraffe book some time ago.