Ch. 6: The Right Decision

Once they landed in front of the house, Eda guided Luz to the door before it suddenly talked to them.

"What's the password? Hoot." It said, making Luz point her empty uzi at it on reflex.

"What the hell is that thing?!" Luz asked.

"Relax, it's just my security system." Eda said as she gestured to the door, mainly the round owl head in it. "A house demon."

"My name is Hooty! Hoot!" Hooty said.

"This place is just getting weirder and weirder." Luz said as she put her gun away.

"You'll get used to it, if you decide to come back after tonight." Eda said before turning to Hooty. "Now let us in Hooty before I jab you in the eyes again."

Hooty did as told and opened the door, mumbling something about never wanting to have any fun.

"Anyway Luz, welcome to the owl house!" Eda said as she snapped her fingers, turning on all the magic candles to light the inside of the house. "This is where I hide from the stresses of modern life... and the cops... and ex boyfriends... and my sister, but that's besides the point."

"I suppose. So where's this friend of you that you got the crown for? They live here with you?" Luz asked Eda as she looked around the house.

"Yes, he does. Let me call him down." Eda said as she pulled the paper crown out of her hair. "KING! I've got a present for you!"

The ground started shaking, making Luz nervous... until this two pound demon walked around the corner.

'That's him?!' Luz thought with wide eyes.

"Present?! What is it?!" King asked in excitement.

"You remember this?" Eda asked, holding the crown.

"MY CROWN OF POWER!" King shouted as he ran up to Eda, taking the crown from her! "Finally! My powers, they're returning!"

"You better enjoy it." Eda said as she groaned, heading to the stairs. "I have to go make a call, talk to the Human for a while, she got the crown back for you."

Human?" King asked before finally noticing Luz.

"Yeah, me. Hi." Luz said, trying not to gush over how cute King was. "I'm the one who got your crown back."

"Then you are now my loyal subject! Only a strong warrior could have performed such a feat!" King said as he walked up to Luz, patting her leg.

Luz chuckled, but played along. She got on a knee and bowed.

"Such an honor from a noble leader." Luz said.

"Yes I am! Now follow me, subject! I shall show you my army of evil!" King said as he pointed to the side of the room.

"With pleasure, my king!" Luz said, chuckling a bit and feeling so...free right now.

Free like a little kid playing in the park, a feeling she hadn't known in a long time. Luz and King went off to greet King's army, which turned out to be dozen upon dozens of stuffed animals while Eda was making her scroll call upstairs.

"The things I do for that kid." Eda said, looking at the card Wrath gave her.

He said to call him within the next two hours, so Eda wanted to get this done as quickly as possible and set this date up already. Maybe if she was lucky, Eda might actually ENJOY this date. Though, she doubted it.

'Whatever, free food.' Eda thought.

She put the number in and waited for his answer, only ringing about twice before the Warden answers her call.

"Hello, this is Wrath Bringson." Wrath said over the scroll.

"Hey, Wrath, it's Eda." Eda said a bit low.