Ch. 26: Killer's Return

Running nonstop through town, Luz brought Amity to the Owl House,m before she kicked the door open. Looking around, Luz found Eda and King were sleeping with the baby bats in the former's arms.

'Cute as it may be, this isn't important right now.' Luz thought, moving towards the couch and shaking Eda with her foot.

"Eda, wake up." Luz said to her.

"Hmm?" Eda hummed, slowly opening her eyes. "Babies?"

"Yep, they're cute, but Amity is in trouble." Luz said.

"Huh?" Eda said, fully waking up and looking at Luz in her full purge outfit before looking at Amity. lOh Titan, did you kill someone?"

"Just a story book monster brought to life by the wailing star. Now help Amity." Luz said, still caring more about Amity at this moment with her cut head and broken arm.

"Alright, alright, just give me a minute." Eda said before she got up. "King, look after the babies. I've got a month haired witch to heal."

"Eh?" King asked, waking up a bit.

"I said, watch the babies." Eda said, putting the baby bats in her spot.

Eda took Amity from Luz and moved into the kitchen. She placed the injured witch in a chair before grabbing a book from her shelves.

"Uh, there should be a potion that could heal her quickly, may leave a scar on her head though." Eda said, looking through the book.

"That's fine, as long as she's alright." Luz said, taking off her mask and putting it to the side.

"Alright, I'll get a cauldron out, I'll get the stuff needed." Eda said.

Luz nodded as she sat on the table, staying close to Amity to look over her while Eda worked.....until a knock came at the door.

"Ugh! I'll get it." Luz said, quickly running over to the door.

She didn't want to be away from Amity too long she she had to make this quick. She opened the door before she went pale, gapping at exactly who was at the door in front of here.

"Woah, you must be the bat mama." Luz said softly.

Stepping back, Luz let a large head with black hair, bat legs, and bat wings enter the house as it smiled at Luz.

"Yiyi, I be the Bat Queen." She said, looking towards the couch and seeing her 3 children instead of one. "Oh precious babies."

She whistled and awakened the babies, allowing them to fly into her hair.

"Precious dumplings." Bat Queen said before clearing her throat, hacking up a large treasure chest from her mouth!

"Hachimachi!" Eda called out, looking from the kitchen to see the treasure.

"Your payment, Eda. Along with a favor owed." Bat Queen said before hacking up a skull whistle too.

"Well, if you ever need a babysitter, I'm your witch!" Eda said, waving goodbye! "Bye babies!"

The babies waved a wing goodbye at Eda, having enjoyed their time with her.

"Hehehehe, goodbye, Eda." Bat Queen said before pushing herself out of the door and flew away.

Slightly disguised by the spit covered whistle, Luz focused on the chest before she kicked it open due to it covered in spit too.

"Damn, that's a LOT of gold." Luz commented with wide eyes, seeing possibly HUNDREDS of snail gold pieces before her.

"Darn right it is! I just might go shopping after I fix up your girlfriend!" Eda said, moving back into the kitchen with great vigor.

Luz blushed, never expecting something like this.

"She's not my girlfriend!" Luz screamed.

"You spent a night alone with her, and carried her all the way here, unconscious." Eda said with a smirk. "You do have a night where all crime is legal."

"Eda I... oh my god, Eda! I wouldn't do something like THAT!" Luz said, completely flustered.

"Why not? It's legal that night, right?" Eda asked.

"I AM NOT A FLOOZY, EDA!" Luz shouted, still blushing.

"Ah, I see... you're waiting for Blighty here." Eda said, still smirking. "I gotcha!"

Luz pulled out her gun, pointing it at Eda.

"I WILL shoot you! I can aim for your leg, or your arm since I don't want to kill you with it!" Luz said.

Eda raised her hands at this.

"Easy, former killer. I was just joking. I know you're too innocent for that, even if you killed a lot." Eda said to her. "Now, why don't you go sleep? You look like you need it."

"I'm fine! I-" Luz cut herself off as she yawned loudly, nearly dropping her gun as she rubbed her eyes.

It had just dawned on her that she and Amity had spent the whole night watching, scaring, and saving the Blight Twins. A full 8 hours without a wink of sleep.

"Yeah, that's what I thought." Eda said, putting her hands on her hips. "Don't worry, I'll make sure Minty is still here when you wake up."

"I'm fine, I' find. Amity is-" Luz said before Eda lifted her up with magic.

"Gonna be worried about you as much as you are about her if you don't get some shut eye." Eda said, moving Luz to the couch. "Now hit the hay."

Luz wanted to protest, but she didn't have the energy to. So, she was forced to lay on the couch and drift to sleep as Eda went back to working on a potion to heal Amity.

"That kid real needs to stop pushing herself." Eda said with a little worry.

"Yeah, she does." King said, awoken from the screaming before getting up from the couch and going to get something to eat. "Kind of reminds me of someone, a very motherly person that refuses to admit it."

"Keep talking and I'll cook you." Eda said, warning him.

"No you wouldn't." King said, checking the fridge.

"Yes I would. Don't test me." Eda said, going back to work on making a potion for Amity.