Ch. 20: Blood Moon Part 3

The trio continued to Blight Manor, causing quite a bit of chaos in the process. Chaos that wasn't hard to miss as people were running in a panic to avoid getting crushed or using their scrolls to record the walking house.

"Uh... we couldn't have gone another way?" Luz asked, seeing all the unneeded screaming and panic.

"Sorry but the forest is too dense to go through." Willow said, not wanting to destroy the trees.

"And I can't make an illusion spell for something this big." Gus added.

Luz let out a sigh, already regretting agreeing to let them show off to Amity and her friend group.

"Well, when this inevitably bites up in the ass, don't blame me." Luz said.

"Hoot! When the moon falls and my power leaves, don't not blame the bird with backward knees." Hooty said, still in a trance of moon energy.

"See, even the mind controlled house agrees." Luz said.

The group continued through the town before reaching the Blight household, a large castle in the distance with growing greenery on one side.

'It's almost over, and then we can get back before Eda gets-' Luz thought before looking at the lawn of Blight manor, looking blankly as she raised a single eyebrow.

"Hmm, guys. Do the Blights usually have a giant crossbow for a lawn ornament?" Luz asked.

"A what?" Willow and Gus said, looking towards Luz.

"A That!" Luz said, pointing towards a giant crossbow on the lawn of Blight Manor! "And are those demon hunters?!"

In reality, it was. The leading demon hunter gestured to the one manning the crossbow, making him fire a large arrow with a rope attached to it!

The arrow flew over the house and hooked it down, making Hooty kneel before more arrows flew to restrain the house!

"I told you this would come back to bite us!" Luz said to Gus and Willow.

"You don't have to rub it in!" Gus said in a panic.

"Oh no, this isn't good!" Willow said before the leader jumped up and landed before them!

"Knock knock." He said, glaring up to the group.

Seeing his face, it made Gus and Willow cower and take a step back, but Luz was unaffected. She had seen FAR worse than his ugly mug for years now and had grown numb to scare tactics like intimidation.

"Hey! You're trespassing!" Luz said, taking a step forward and glaring back at the lead hunter. "So leave before I do something I might regret!"

The leader didn't feel threatened as he stood up, hearing his team slowly jumping up to join him.

"Like what? You're just a bunch of kids and by the look of your ears, you're not even a witch. You're just a weak, little human." He said before he laughed. "I wonder how much we can get from selling you?"

The rest of the hunters laughed at the joke as Luz growled at them, their mocking slowly and surely pissing her off and making any regret she could feel about potentially killing them fade away.

'You are not a killer, you are not a killer...but you ARE a fighter!' Luz thought.

Luz slowly reached behind her back and grabbed the pistol she had tucked away earlier, knowing just what to do with it and just how to use it right now.

"Fun fact, fuck face. Humans are far from weak and do you know why?" Luz asked him as the hunters still laughed.

"Hehehehehe. No. So why don't you tell us, human?" the lead hunter asked, crossing his arms.