Ch. 17: Surprsie afted Surprise

On the way to the stand, Luz zoned out most of the way as she thought of what happened back at the house and back at the bathroom mirror. Luz would definitely need to mentally prepare herself for anyone traumatic flashbacks or illusions, she didn't want anyone to see her like that and ask questions she not ready to answer just yet.

When they arrived at the stand, Luz was told to take in inventory and give a small flash card of what the trinkets could actually do so it could be sold. The second part was something she did herself for Eda's sake so she isn't an idiot and knows what exactly the items she sells can do.

"Let's see what we have." Luz said to herself, a pen and a notepad in her hands.

Firstly, she was going to explain that batteries are NOT candy. They were labeled "Human Batteries: meant to be filled with lightning magic to be used."

Second, she told Eda that deodorant was meant to eliminate underarm odor and FORCED her to put some on. It was labeled "Human Deodorant: meant to be put on armpits."

Thirdly, she made note cards for what everything Eda had on the front table was before helping her sell them.

"This is a portable fan, it's powered by the batteries and can cool you off on a hot day." Luz said as she put in batteries and turned on the fan, putting the label on it as the fan blew in Eda's face.

"Oh, that's nice." Eda said, feeling her hair being pushed back a bit. "The ones I have will sell very well in the hot season."

"What's this?" King asked, pulling out an item.

Looking towards him, Luz let out a small gasp before firming her expression and snatching it from his hands.

"Something you should NOT sell." Luz said to him.

"Why not?" King asked as Luz looked over the pistol. "Isn't it like the one you have?"

"No, this gun is different." Luz said as opened the chamber, finding it full of bullets. "Pistols are a whole different level than an uzi."

She put the safety on and put the gun in the back of her pants, hiding it.

"Besides, if the wrong person got a hold of this, it would result in a lot of deaths. No offense but you have no experience with guns, so it's dangerous for you you have it." Luz said before turning to Eda with a grim expression. ""Do you have anymore of these?"

"What? No." Eda said as she shook her head. "That was honestly rare for Owlbert to bring back, just a yesterday."

'So it must be leftovers from the purge or from someone's hidden stash.' Luz thought as she calmed down a bit.

"Good. If you find any more guns like this or different, tell me immediately." Luz said to Eda.

"Geez, kid. Can you calm down, you're gonna be stressing me out." Eda said as she held her hands up, feathering popping out of her arm! "Aaah! See?! This is causing my curse to act up!"

"Sorry, but this is very dangerous, and I don't want anyone I care about to get hurt. Only properly trained individuals should be allowed to use a weapon like this." Luz said, patting the gun on her back.

"Yeah yeah, whatever." Eda said with an eye roll before holding up feather covered arm. "Anyway, since this little feather problem is showing, I need to run to my supplier for my elixir. Watch the stand, come on King."

"Right." King said as Eda donned a cloak and left the stand, jumping on her shoulder.

As they left the stand, Luz looked around for a moment before she took out the pistol from her back and looked it over below the counter. It appeared to be an old style revolver with a long barrel and black handle. Not only that but it had two barrel exits, making it capable of firing two bullets instead of one.