Ch. 9: Planning It Out

(Warning: Short Chapter)

"Eda! I need to ask some questions!" Luz called out as she and King entered the house.

"What kind of questions?" Eda asked, walking in from the kitchen.

"Do you know of something called "the Celestial Staff?" Because this guy by the name of Adegast gave me this map for a quest for it." Luz said, showing Eda the scroll.

Taking and scroll and looking it over for a second, Eda scoffed at the scroll and rolled her eyes.

"Heck no. There's no such this as a celestial staff, I would've grabbed it up years ago if it was real." Eda said before looking to Luz. "You don't believe that shit, right?"

Luz scoffed at Eda as she shook her head.

"Hell no. I knew he was shady the moment I saw his castle, it was too clean and pristine. Not to mention he looked like he was straight out of a fairy tale book, I stopped believing in those long ago." Luz said as she crossed her arms. "I was thinking that I do the quest, while you guys follow and we take him down before he hurts someone."

"Huh, that's a noble reason for a former killer. I like it." Eda said with a smile.

"What can I say? Always looking at the bad side of society and walking in it can help you see the just reasons better than most when you need to." Luz said before pointing to the scroll. "So, to go on Adegast's quest, I have to figure out how this map works."

"Maybe hold it to the sun, most crappy maps like this have that stereotype invisible ink that can be revealed by sunlight." Eda said with a shrug, giving the map back to Luz.

"Then let's see." Luz said as she went and held the scroll up to the window.

A few seconds in the light and Luz could see something started to reveal itself, glowing brightly like it was "magic."

"Yep, hidden message." Luz said with a nod.

The map now had "The chosen one. The path will only appear to the worthy" on it.

"Yep, classic scam. I've heard of these kinds of demon, puppeteer's I think." Eda said as she looked over the fake map.

"Yeah, that's good to know but I'm not going to let it stop me. I'm going to load up." Luz said before heading upstairs to her room.

Opening the chest she put her weapons in, Luz grabbed her uzi and loading her with a fresh sleeve of bullets.

'Let's go kill this bastard.' She thought.

She put the gun in her hoodie and looked at her black machete, seeing it shine in the light. It was her best and favorite bladed weapon, but she didn't think it would be needed today. Not for this anyway.

"Another time, El-Chopo." Luz said to herself before closing the chest.