Ch. 21: Wailing Fright Part 1

A week later after the conjuring, Luz was currently doing maintenance on her weapons such as sharpening blades or cleaning the gun barrel so there are no jams. It may be hard work, but it was important.

"Watcha doing?" King asked, watching on the couch.

"Cleaning my weapons." Luz said, not even looking at him. "You have to do this or they'll get rusty and dull."

"Looks boring." King said, sitting next to Luz.

"It may look boring to you but it's still important. Besides, I kind of like doing it." Luz said, finished cleaning the double barrel of her newest gun. "Plus, it's impressive when you see how fast a person can put these back together when they need to."

"DING DONG DING!" Hooty shouted as he opened up the door.

"What is it Hooty? I'm busy?" Luz asked, not effected or scared.

"Someone's dropped off a package! Hoot!" Hooty said as King got up and walked to the door, grabbing a covered basket to drag in.

"A basket?" Luz asked, putting her tools down.

"Maybe it's an offering?" King suggested.

"To who?" Luz asked, grabbing her newest gun and putting it in her jacket before walking to the basket.

"Maybe to me! I am the king of demons!" King said with a smile, puffing his chest.

"Sure." Luz said with sarcasm, grabbing the basket and bringing it to the kitchen. "Eda, someone delivered something!"

"Hmm? Must be an offering." Eda said with a growing smile.

"An offering, really? A convict with fans?" Luz asked with a raised brow.

"Why not? It's not that crazy." Eda said, crossing her arms.

"Yes it is. Now, let's open it and see." Luz said, looking at the basket.

Luz grabbed the small cover and pulled it down, revealing a baby face with gray skin and a pointed head of hair on its head.

"...Congratulations, Eda. You're a mother." Luz quipped.

"I do not consent." Eda said quickly.

"Why? You said it was an offering. Maybe someone thought their child would be blessed it they were raised by you." Luz said with a smirk. "The most powerful witch in the demon realm."

Eda scoffed.

"And people say I'm crazy." She said, rolling her eyes.

"I can take it off your hands." King said, pulling out a bib and licked his lips.

"King, if you try to eat that baby, I will shoot you." Luz said with a small glare.

"Weh?!" King said, scampering back quickly.

"She's right, King. Eating a baby is crossing the line and SO 1600s, we've evolved from that." Eda said before reaching into the basket and pulling out a note. "Look, there's a note too."

Luz took the note from Eda and began reading it aloud.

"This is my baby, please take care of them until my return. Yi yi, you will be rewarded for you service, signed the Bat Queen." Luz read before Eda looked shocked.

"Bat Queen? THE Bat Queen!?" Eda said before reaching into the basket, pulling out a few snails! "We got ourselves a rich baby here!"

"Uh, who's the Bat Queen?" Luz asked, putting the note down.

"The richest demon in the demon realm! You've to m good with her and you can be set for life!" Eda said with a smile.

"Okay?" Luz said before looking at the sleeping baby. "So all we need to do is watch this baby for a few hours and get a lot of money?"