Ch. 4: The Conformatorium

Arriving at where Eda flew then, Luz got off the staff and looked around. The sky was now dark and the setting looked like an evil tower from an RPG or a fairy tale story from home.

"What the hell am it looking at?" Luz asked, looking up to the tower.

"Human, welcome to the Conformatorium." Eda said.

"Okay...so I'm guessing this place is a prison." Luz said to her.

"Yep. This is where they throw the worse off the worse or people that just don't fit into society's mold. They got weirdos, freaks, wild witches like myself, etc." Eda said as she listened them off with her fingers.

"Weirdos? Why weirdos?" Luz asked, suddenly interested.

"Because they don't fit in, they like things other people don't like. Like this one girl with a huge nose, really short and a real conspiracy nut." Eda said with a shrug.

"That...That's horrible." Luz said, feeling down at how they treated weird people here.

Even in a realm of magic and crazy creatures, people still had standards in judging people!

"Yeah, it is but it's just life here. Unfair as it is." Eda said to Luz.

Either world, magical or normal, life sucked for a small amount of people and they couldn't do anything about it...at least not in this aspect.

"So, what do you need me for?" Luz asked Eda again.

"There's a contraband room at the top of the tower with a force field that keeps demons and witches out but since you're a human, you can walk right through without issue." Eda explained as she pointed to the top of the Conformatorium.

"Okay, seems easy enough." Luz said as she noticed a wanted poster for Eda on a wall, worth a LOT of money. "You sure have a large bounty."

'I better not show my face.' Luz thought as she put her neon mask on and pulled her hood up.

"Yeah, I do. You could be set for life on that amount of snails." Eda said.

"Snails? Is that what you call money here?" Luz asked, looking to Eda.

"Yep but let's talk about that another time and get you into the tower. I'll be a distraction and met you at the top." Eda said to Luz as she pointed to a VERY high up window.

"Okay. And HOW do I get up there how?" Luz asked as she looked up.

"Like this." Eda said as she draw a magic circle, making a bright yellow platform under Luz.

"Whoa!" Luz let out as the platform rose up, all the way to the tower window.

She looked at the window and prepared for the worst. She pulled her Uzi out and put in a new mag. Once the platform reached the window, Luz jumped in and landed in silence before it disappeared.

"See you at the top, kid!" Eda called out from outside the window.

Luz looked around before she stepped forward to get a better view of the inside of the prison, seeing a circular rows of cells inside from top to bottom.

"Damn, that's a lot of prisoners." Luz commented as she gripped her gun tighter. "Better be careful here."

"Hey, cat lady, how'd you get out of your cell?" A new, female voice asked Luz.

Luz turned around to see a girl older than her with the same skin, fangs, black hair in a ponytail while wearing a purple dress, a chocker, and black boots.

"Let's just say I was never inside a cell." Luz said to her.

"Lucky you. I should've really be here anyway. All I did was write fanfiction." The woman said with her arms crossed.