Ch. 16: Change Is Never Easy

(Warning: Slight PTSD/Trauma.)

Little did Amity know, Luz wasn't a good person. She was a horrible person, a bloodthirsty, killing savage. At least, that what Luz truly thought about herself but would never tell anyone, not even her mother.

Where was she now? The "bloody killing savage" was currently sleeping as well as tossing and turning in the midsts of a nightmare or more along the lines, a string of memories. Memories of all the lives she took, of all the people she killed during Purges, and all of the sick pleasure she took in it!

"GUH!" Luz let out, shooting up in a huff as the nightmare ended.

She was drenched in sweat and breathing heavily, looking around the room to remember where she was and checking for any light outside. It was a starry sky and blue as the ocean, revealing that it was in the middle of the night. She looked for her phone and grabbed it to check the exact time she woke up at.

'2:16 am.' She thought, wiping some sweat from her face. 'God, I need something cold.'

Luz got up and left her room the bathroom, where she turned on the sink splashed cold water in her face. The cooling water helped calm her racing heart and stop her sweating for the moment.

Luz let out a sigh as the water dripped down from her face, back into the sink while she took a deep breaths in and out.

'That feels better.' She thought before slowly blinked her eyes open, only to gasp!

Looking at herself in the mirror, Luz saw that water wasn't water at all! I was blood! And it wasn't just on her face, it was all over she her body!

"Aaah!" Luz screamed, jump back and nearly tripping into the tub before grabbing the edge.

Her breath began picking up again as she looked at her hands and tried wiping the blood off, but it wasn't coming off! Luz was on the brink of a panic attack before she shut her eyes and shook her head violently!

'It's not real! It's not real! You are not covered in blood! You are not covered in blood!' Luz thought as she stopped shaking and opened her eyes, facing the the mirror and seeing the water had returned and her body was complete clean!

She let out a long sigh of relief before she slid to the floor and leaned against the bathtub, her breathing returning to normal for the second time tonight.

'Do they have therapists here? Because I might need one REALLY bad!' Luz thought, feeling she had just gotten post traumatic stress disorder from her own memories.

She was trying to change for the better but it seemed like her mind wasn't exactly for the idea yet. Getting up from maybe floor, Luz wiped off her face with a towel and headed back to her room for the night but she wasn't planning on sleeping for the risk of another nightmare/memory. So instead, Luz chose to sitting down and waited for the sun to rise.

'I'm not a killer anymore, I am going to change for the better.' Luz thought, fighting any known or unknown doubts she had about changing for the better.

Luz kept that thought in repeat as she sat in her room for the next few hours. Hours of trying not to go back to sleep before she finally failed and dozed off, right as the morning sun arose and illuminates her room.

Just when she got back to sleep, Eda opened the door with a loud BANG!

"Hey, Kid, wake up. I got some big scams to do today." She said with a smile.

Luz's eyes shot open and she jolted up, some bags being visible under them, but nothing too bad as she stood up and stretched a bit.

"Alright, sure." Luz said with a yawn vefore she walked past Eda, heading back to the bathroom to shower.

Eda clearly noticed the bags under her eyes and lost her smile, feeling a little worried for Luz.

"Luz, you okay kid?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine Eda. I just had a bit of trouble sleeping last night." Luz said, rubbing her eyes a bit.

"Well, if you're sure, okay." Eda said but she could tell that was a lie.

Something was obviously bugging Luz and Eda was trying not to pry, at least until she thought it was necessary to. So, she just decided to head down and cook some breakfast so Luz could have something to eat this morning.

Luz, meanwhile, went into the bathroom and glanced at the mirror. A flash happened and she quickly saw herself in her full Purge outfit, mask and all, with droplets of blood staining it!

'Damn it, another hallucination.' Luz thought before turning in the shower, planning to have the cold water SHOCK her out of it.

After stripping down and stepping in, Luz let out a small scream as the cold water hit her back!

"Ahh!" Luz let out as she shivered, feeling so cold before her body adjusted to it.

'I'm not that person anymore.' Luz thought as she proceeded to bathe.

Once finished and dressed, ate breakfast with Eda and King before they headed out market for whatever scams Eda had planned or to run the stand with Luz's help. She mostly zoned out a good portion of the way there as she kept thinking about the first two mental attacks from her past.

'I am not that person anymore. I am going to change for the better.' Luz thought.

But thinking isn't the same as becoming, not by a long shot.