Ch.47 - Pull A Dante

new years eve

Bellamy P.o.v.

I smile into the back of the guy I am marrying, and pull him closer to me. I feel him move a bit, getting comfortable. "Hey," I hum to him. "Morning." he replies, still asleep. "Well, actually it's like 4 in the afternoon." I inform him and he sighs, turning over to face me. "It's new years tonight right?" he asks, yawning and rubbing his eyes. "Yeah, Finn's throwing another party, and we know that Jake won't be there. Wanna go?" I asks and I see Murphy bite the inside of cheek, thinking it over. "Yeah, sure, why not." he answers, shrugging. "Really?" I'm surprised by his answer. He nods. "Oh, but please go easy on the drinking." I advise, sitting up in the bed, running a hand through my hair.  I hear Murphy sigh in annoyance, but he knows he should listen to me. He never has good experiences when he's drunk.

Murphy P.o.v.

"Did you, like... just not feel, like waking us up?" Bellamy asks Jason, when we walk downstairs. He looks up from his book. "Well, actually, I tried to twice, but you guys were just so cute I couldn't." Susan answers, and I roll my eyes, groaning. "I'm not cute." I say in a huff, walking into the kitchen, and Bellamy, laughs, taking a seat on the sofa next to his parents. 

"Babe?" he coos, and I pull my head from the fridge, "Wanna make me pancakes?" he asks and my neutral expression falls into a glare. He wants to do this here? In front of his parents? "Make'em yourself." I retort, grabbing an apple from the fridge. "Please?" he whines, and I wonder why his parents don't scold him. "Why can't you do it?" I ask, leaning on the counter, looking at him. "Well... I can, but you make better ones than I do." he says and I sigh. "Dinner's in an hour anyways, you don't want to fill up now." I advise him, and his parents look up at me. "Actually, we don't really do dinner on New Years eve. We just have snacks until the ball drops." Jason says, not helping my case. "Yeah, plus we're going to a party and I dunno if I want to eat the food there." Bellamy says, getting up, walking, and stopping right in front of me. I take a bite of the fruit, and eye him up and down. "What do I get?" I ask. I'm not gonna make him shit, for free. I'm not his  slave. "My undying love an affection?" he offers, and I groan, pushing past him. "You guys already act married." Jason comments from the couch, and Susan whacks him with her paper, laughing. "Fine, but you owe me." I give in, "Oh, this is your shirt, and I'm not wearing the apron." I add on, and Bell, raises an eyebrow. "Just do what you did last time. It worked out pretty well." he suggests with a smirk and I glare at him. The last time, I didn't wear a shirt. I would do that now, but his parents are no more than twenty feet away. "Nah," I shrug and he sighs. 

I make him his food and he eats happily. "Bell's lucky to have you, Murphy." Susan compliments, still seated on the couch, and I can't help but let out a laugh. "I am." Bellamy agrees and I blush, looking down at my fingers, playing with my nails. 

======

When we get to the party, like last time, there are several people. Bellamy had told me not go wandering off, and at first I was upset cause I'm an adult and I can do what I want, but I realized he's only trying to prevent last party's event from happening again. 

We watch the ball drop, counting down from ten, and when New Years rings, Bell and I share a kiss.

There are so many party goers, and we inevitably get separated.

I talk to a few people, when out of the corner of my eye, I see Bellamy, leave the house. I excuse myself, and follow him. I see him stumble onto the lawn, "For fuck's sake. Seriously Bell?" I call to him and he spins around on his heel. "John!" he shouts angrily and I narrow my eyes at his drunken state. He has never called me, John, before. "How much have you had to drink?" I ask, trying to estimate for myself. "Why do you care?" he spits and I sigh. In my presence, he'd only gotten drunk once before, and I know that he's a lightweight and he knows that he shouldn't drink. I also didn't know that when he drinks, and I mean, like, really drinks, that he's an angry drunk. "How much?" I ask and he shrugs. "I had... none of your business, John." he states and I whack him upside the head. "My name, is Murphy." I state, dragging him onto the sidewalk. I give up on asking how much he's had, and I shove him into the passenger seat. "Give me your keys." I tell him and he huffs, crossing his arms over his chest like a fussy toddler. "Give me, your keys, Bellamy." I tell him again, and he just stares at me. I reach into his pocket, taking them myself. "Hey, those aren't yours." he whines, as I put them into the ignition, and start to drive. I ignore his fact.