Ch. 65 - Out in the open

Everything hits me like a ton of bricks. I almost lost Murphy today... twice.Murphy looks up at me. "I thought I lost you." I voice to him and he smiles. "Hey, I'm John Murphy, I don't die." he tells me, hugging me and we hear movement. 

Greg walks out, first followed by my father, mother and I assume Rebecca stays back for Mark. "What are you doing here?" I hiss, shooing them away. Greg strolls to his son and I watch him as he givess Murphy a proud hug. "The Gonplei cooperation is awful and Cage is evil, the less men he has on his side the better." Greg informs us when he pulls away. "You know about it?" we both ask, surprised and he nods. "Government's been trying to shut it down for years." he scoffs out. "Wait, Camp Gonplei?" my mom asks in shock and her question goes unanswered as Greg continues. "John and Bellamy, you two took out Dante." he tells us what we already know and the faces of my parent's pale. "Do you know that we've been trying to do that for 7 years?" he asks and we both smile. "What you two did sped up out plan a good 3 or 4 years." Greg tells us and I'm confused. "Gonplei is working on making a new kind of bullet, filled with different chemical compounds but they are failing miserably, have you noticed that all of the men who've tried shooting you, have missed?" he asks and thinking about it now, he's right. 

"We sent you two to camp, there." my mom admits, looking sick. "You caught the measles." my father says and both Murphy and I scoff. "Actually, we fled the camp killing a good five guards in the process I tell her and she looks like she's really going to be sick. Honestly, there were bound to find out sooner or later, so why not just get it all out in the open. "Is that why you guys don't go to hospitals?" my father asks and we nod. "You've... killed people?" mom asks in disbelief and I point to the two men that lay on the ground. "Yes." I tell her and she looks scared. "Susan?" Greg asks and she looks to him. "You're son hasn't killed anyone innocent, if anything, it was self defence. You've raised a brave young man." he tells me and I smile proudly and they smile nervously. He doesn't know about Myles and... but he doesn't need to. Greg then turns his attention to Murphy. "As for you, young man..." he starts, giving him a scolding look. "You know about everyone?" Murphy asks timidly and he nods. "Everyone?" he asks again, implying Mbege and Jake and probably a few others. "Everyone." Greg states and Murphy laughs nervously. "John, I want to recommend you for a spot where I work when you finish high school, all the training and studying is done there." he tells Murphy. "Is it the military?" he asks and Greg shakes his head. "I don't wan to go into to much detail with you now, but let's just say that it's what you are doing now, except you're given proper equipment and assessments." Greg tells him then looks to me. "I would also recommend for you to apply seeing as you have the same experience." he tells me and I smile, looking to Murphy. "Hell yeah!" I state. Are you kidding? That sounds awesome! "Where is it?" Murphy asks, sounding excited. "A few hours from here, it isn't far, but you're not to worry about that now." Greg tells us and a bunch of men in suits, walk in. "Take care of this." he speaks, gesturing to the bodies and they start cleaning up the crime scene. 

Murphy P.o.v.

Today has very strangely been a great day. Susan and Jason scold Bellamy all the way home and then I get scolded and then Greg gets scolded but we just end up laughing in the end because the situation it too insane to be taken seriously. 

"Do you think you can... not, tell Rebecca about all this?" I ask my dad as he open snap the door and he scoff, giving me the obvious answer. I roll my eyes when I see the scene.

Mark is sitting at the table with a blanket around him and Rebecca is there consoling him. I take the seat right across from him. I probably look like hell right now. He looks untouched. "How are you feeling?" I ask, making a sad pout and he glares at me. "Don't be an ass, you don't know what it was like." he mumbles and I scoff. "What floor were you on?" I ask and he holds up two fungers. "You know that Bellamy was on the second floor, outside of the classes," I tell him and he shrugs. "You know how there were shot fired?" I ask and he nods. "Those were my bullets." I tell him and his eyes widen. "It's what you deserve." he tells me and I raise my eyebrow. "How so?" I ask and he sighs. "God wants you two to die, simple as that, that's why Bellamy was locked out." he tell me and I grin. "You know what, that son of a bitch can try to kill me all his wants." I say, getting up and going to my room and I'm in a strangely good mood. 

Okay so I'm trying to get the plot for this going and it's going to be hard as fuck so bare with me while I try to write things that make sense. Thanks for waiting!

Love you lots!Xx p.s. follow me on my IG: @bellamy.murphy