Ch. 68 - Five

Bellamy P.o.v.

Mark scoffs, shaking his head. "He's fine, he's just being melodramatic." Mark says and I glare at him. "He's right, I'm fine." Murphy says taking a deep breath, calming himself. What the hell has been going on? I knew that they didn't get along but I didn't know that it was this abusive. "Murphy..." I call, upset and he still doesn't look at me. He still hand his hand covering the centre of his face and his other arm wrapped around his waist. He then furrows his eyebrows and removes his hand. His nose is broken so I'm not surprised that it's bleeding. "I'll be right back." I mumble, dashing to the washroom to get some kleenex.

When I reenter the room, Mark is standing fairly close to Murphy, muttering inaudible things to him. Murphy's wincing, looking at the ground. I walk up, "The fact that he's dating someone as ugly as you just makes everything about the situation worse." I hear and my jaw drops at the lie. "I'm pretty sure you're just upset at the fact that you look boring." I tell him and he turns around to see me. He looks bland I'm almost positive he's only saying this because he envies Murphy. "Bellamy, why don't you just go home okay?" he asks sounding annoyed and I try to keep my cool. "Tell me that when you saw him for the first time, you weren't intrigued." I tell Mark who's strict stance falters for a brief moment. "Tell me that you weren't excited or at least curious to know him." I say to Mark who swallows hard. "Tell me that when you look at him you don't see character." I practically shout at him and fear grazes his eyes. "Tell me that when you look at his eyes you wonder why they aren't the same shade as they were yesterday." I say then I take a deep breath. A couple moments pass and I smirk. "That's what I thought." I say and the front door opens. 

Murphy turns his back to his father who walks into the living room. "What the hell happened?" he asks. "Your step son was being a dick." I inform and Greg raises and eyebrow. "Is that so?" he asks, looking at Mark who doesn't look impressed. "John?" he calls to the boy behind us and he stands still, not turning around. "He's such a drama queen." Mark sighs out annoyed and I glare at him. "That's it, come on." I tell Mark pulling him out of the house, dragging him to, you guessed it, the forest. No, I'm not going to kill him but I am going to scare him. "Here's good." I say, letting go of his arm. I'd ignored all of his questions. 

"Bellamy calm down, it was just a joke." he tells me and I don't change expression. "Mark, shut the fuck up because I'm this close," I hold two fingers close to each other, "to losing it." I tell  him and he rolls his eyes. "You remind me of someone we used to know, mind you this situation was different." I tell the now confused guy. "He was obsessed with Murphy to the point where he believed that they were dating, even after countless times of telling him that they weren't." I'm telling Mark about oh so famous Jake. "Something happened and Jake to Murphy that he was broken." I tell Mark who looks unarmed. "Long story short, we took care of him and he's no longer a problem for us. I can do the same thing with you, trust me." I tell him and he rolls his eyes. "Bellamy, John's sensitive and he needs to toughen up because one day he'll be in a situation that he can't handle and what's he going to do? break down?" he asks and I narrow my eyes. "This may come as a shock to you, Mark, but Murphy was the one who killed one of the shooters that held up the school." I tell him and he widens his eyes. "So this has nothing to do with strength, it has to do with you being an asshole." I say, kneeing him in the groin and leaving.

Murphy P.o.v.

It's been about 5 minutes since Bellamy left and my dad is trying to get me to talk but I don't know what to say. Yes I've been picked on for the way I look but never that presisely. Mark literally jabbed my stomach and told me that I need to to lose 10 pounds. I've never thought that I was fat before, I'll ask Bellamy later what he thinks. He then said that I needed to fix my face, whatever that meant and made rude remarks about my nose which oddly stings. Then the door opens and Rebecca walks in. Perfect. "Where's Mark?" she asks, sitting next to my father, giving him a kiss and I cringe a bit. "He'll be back soon." I mutter the first words I've said since Mark. They talk a little and I tune them out for a moment. 

When I was about ten, money was really tight so that meant little food. I'd lost lost 10 pounds that year that I didn't have to lose. I've since always been somewhat scrawny, but still somewhat built. Never have I thought of myself as fat. "Bellamy." my father says and I snap out of my thought and I look up at my fiancée who looks worried. "You didn't do anything to serious did you?" I ask and he scoffs, shaking his head. "Nah." he says and I sigh, relived. "Where where you?" my father asks. "Just out... showing Mark that he can't act that way." he mumbles and Rebecca glares. "You didn't hurt him did you?" Rebecca almost shouts and Bellamy opens his mouth when the door opens and Mark storms in, walking over to Bellamy punching him. 

"Mark!" my dad reprimands and obviously his mother stays quiet. Bellamy picks himself up quickly, standing. "Mark stop it, you're like 5."