Just a miss!!!!

Mullai?????

That same night,she came back to her room after drinking one glass of milk on her mother's request. She didn't eat anything from the morning nor had the mood to do so.

Switching off the light,she crawled to her dark spongy bed to sleep. But that was an impossible task for her.

Staring at the ceiling,she could feel so many emotions passing through her. Tossing on the bed from all sides,she tried to forget the incident but she couldn't. Out of agony,she cried holding the pillow tightly. She needed this to vent out her unknown pain.

She doesn't have the regret of stopping her marriage. Infact she is happy that she knew the truth atleast at the last hour to save her life. But???? Wasn't she betrayed????

Yes like any other girl,she had a hope on marriage. Till yesterday evening she was training herself on how she should behave in her in laws home. The very own home she knew from her childhood days betrayed her at the last minute.

What did she do to deserve this????

All the events from last night crossed her mind. The harsh truth,the denial from jeeva,the fear of her life,the bold decision on the stage,the gossips of people around and not to the forget the heart tearing word from kathir.

Yes she remembered those words exactly. It hurted her deep down. Even though she isn't much bothered about it now, she didn't expect that from him. From young age,she knew him and even though they cross at odd paths,he doesn't talk to hurt her.

Hugging the pillow even more tightly she cried murmuring to herself "neeyum ah kathir."

The pain now turned to anger not on kathir but on dhanam. Fondly and dearly she use to address her as her own sister. But she didn't open her mouth in the whole sequence. Her silence was enough to give the explanation that she knew everything before hand and yet choose to be quiet.

Sometimes harsh words are nothing in front of unbearable silence. She felt that feel hitting inside her bones.

Why didn't she atleast tell to her???

Above all...

The fact that she herself didn't get any particular clue about Jeeva's behaviour . The fact that she believed that he too is interested in this marriage.
The fact that she trusted all of them blindly. The fact that even when her inner feelings told from the right beginning that this won't work. The fact that she was so naive and fool,made her to clutch on the spongy bed harshly with her soft palms.

That night was the silent witness for her unstoppable tears. Her head was aching thinking about it and it became even worse when she remembered her parents sorrow.

Her father's hard earned money that was spent for the marriage became no use. At first she agreed the marriage only for him but now she herself stopped the marriage. The tension and pain they took to see her daughter get married. The disappointed face of them when she told the truth. The sorrow filled eyes that became so emotional with the feel of being broken.

Her parents tears!!!! That's the worst feeling any child could see in life... parents crying for the child.

She felt somewhere,she too was responsible for that. Atleast for her parents, they could have told the truth before. Now all went out of the hands.

That time there was a knock on the door. Silently wiping out her tears,she opened the door.

Her father and sister came inside. "Thongalaya ma"her father asked knowing that sleep won't enter their eyes today.