flashback 1

The next day was a day that was born with hope for kathir. He has made it clear that he would do anything to change mullai's mind about him.

After completing his classes he went to the canteen to have his usual ginger tea with hot samosa. The outside climate was cool and this snack was the perfect one for him. He waited patiently for the college bell to give the final ring.

He was sipping his drink when a short memory of mullai crossed his mind. After he realised his feelings for her , every now and then he use to think a lot about her. The times of their childhood,the times when he noticed but ignored her,the times she was always in his home making people laugh happily and to mention specially how they use to fight badly with each other. He was just recollecting how she would always be around him yet he failed to feel her aura.  He wanted to feel everything as to how he was before,how things changed between them off late.

.....

Kathir was a college student staying in hostel for his undergraduation course. He use to visit his home at weekends to support his family and shop in all possible ways. One day, after a tiring work of carrying rice sack he came back home, took a bath and sat on the sofa.

His elder brother gave his favourite tea and asked him to check on the bills. He was just arranging everything when he heard a loud voice.."Maama....."

He knew this voice and closed his eyes in irritation. Mullai came inside with a bright smiling face wearing school uniform.

Kathir saw her vandutha imsai....and kept starring at her. Mullai was off no less,she too was starring at him...inda veetuku Vanda yaara naa kadaisa ah pakkanum irunda...avan dhan karadi bomma maari sofa la irukan...

Irritated,he spoke"dha...edhuku ippadi amma... mamma ...nu kaatitu Vara????"

"Adhula unnaku enna vanduchu...unnaiya Mama nu kupten??"she answered back.

"Edhu mama ???eii edhuku ippo Inga Vanda??"he questioned her and she replied back"unna pakka naa varla... Murthy mama va pakka vanden..."

"Ennakum matum unna pakkanum aasai ah...annae vellai ah iruku nee kelambu..."he ordered but she didn't move"adhu ellam mudiyadhu"saying so she sat on the sofa twisting her head to him.

"Dha...enna nee batuku ukkarula...erunduri..."he told in sharp voice.

"chair ukkaru dhan iruku adhan ukkadhen pesama poi ennaku sapda edhucham konduva...chumma pesikitu"she replied calmly.

"Enna thimiru unnaku???eii......inda kelambu..."he said only to receive no expression from her. He went near her with an angry face and terrified looking at him like that she got up from the chair. With a small smile of victory he spoke"anda bayam irukatum"

Seeing him,she asked wantedly not to give up her tenure" Yaaru na ah???nee ippo karadi maari munchi vecha yaaru dhan paapa??"

"Edhu karadi ah??"he got furious as their conversation went on to fight and correctly Murthy entered the scene "vaa pa mulla..." he called and greeted her happily. That was the time when talks about Thamarai and Murthy marriage was going on and it was mullai who was super excited about the alliance.

She ignored kathir and greeted him back"mama eppadi irukinga??"and kathir replied sarcastically"nee Vara varaikum ellarum nalla dhan irudhanga..."

Murthy said "dei summa iru...enna visiyam pa??"and mullai replied"mama appa inda list ah kuduka sonnanga"she handed over a notebook that mentioned the things needed for their engagement. He took it happily and placed it on the book shelf "thanks pa...tea kudikariya??"