A small gap??

While she tried to call him again she heard a horn sound and looked at the road. Kathir was traveling with a girl in his bike that too with a smiling face.

Mullai remembered his words...Anni kuptanga dhanae ponan. ippo??? she dialled his number again.

Kathir saw her call and picked it balancing on between his shoulder and ear "mulla naa driving la iruken... edhachum important ah??"

"Eppo varuva kathir??"she asked.

"One hour "he replied

"Avalo neram ah?? En da? Anything important? work ah???"she coded the words properly to know the answer.

"Adhu...Anni ya oru place la drop pannanum adhan...drop pannitu I will be back...seriya...naa phone ah vekkuren..."he lied as he didn't find this issue to be that important nor was he clear about Dhanam tactics so he preferred to not open up about it.

Mullai cut the call, looked at his photo she has kept as screen saver. She closed her eyes for a minute and then went inside.

...

It was a gloomy Monday morning and mullai was sitting down fidgeting the ends of her white shawl. The Substaff was busy arranging the demand deposit while the clerks were busy handling the customers. After Aarthi's baby shower,Mullai and kathir were back to Chennai to their routine life and as soon as they landed this morning,they refreshed up and proceed to the bank to know about their loan approval.

It's been an hour since the Manager said he would call them in and mullai's eyes gloomed on the glass door whenever it got opened. Her heart was sure about getting the loan but the mind was running with hundred questions. Kathir sat beside comforting her "Mullai nee ivalo tension aga venam...we will get it approved...kavalapadathey.."

Sweat swept down from her forehead running down on her cheeks. She didn't answer but smiled to his soothing words. Until she gets an answer her mind is a disaster.

Merely after ten minutes they both were called in and was asked to take a seat. The man who sat in front of him was a middle aged with a moustache. He ran through the papers and once it was done he shifted his gaze towards them.

"Well... documents ellam correct ah iruku...no problem"that statement both a sense of relief to both of them.

He continued speaking "Idhu oda Xerox copy ennaku venum.... next week vanga...naa loan sanction panren...indanga ungaloda original copy"he handed the certificates to mullai.

Mullai's worries turned to Joy. With a spark in her eyes,she got the document and thanked the manager for his time.

When they got up,the Manager called kathir "nenga Murthy oda brother ah??"which made kathir to turn who was about to open the door to move out"Aama sir... ungaluku eppadi theriyum??"he asked back.

"Naa Murthy oda school friend... nyabagathuku illaya??kalyanathuku kuda vandhen... recent ah ungaloda family photo Avan phone dp la paathen...adha vechu dhan guess pannen.."he said adjusting his tie.

"Oh...nice to meet you sir.."he extended his hand and got the reply"thank you... Murthy ah ketten sollunga..."to which kathir obliged.

As soon as he stepped out mullai enclosed her hand around his neck and hugged him. Even though he liked it ,he became nervous as everyone's eyes in the bank was looking at them.

He didn't respond back and stood like a statue"mulla..."he whispered softly.

Mullai was in cloud nine that she wanted to express her happiness immediately. When kathir didn't respond back she broke the hug "en da thirumbi hug panna matiya.... unromantic fellow..."she left fastly forgetting the place they where in.